• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMPS for Audio Applications

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
Pre-release of the SMPS1K-PFCR2 with the below added and updated futures.

• Plug and play connector (Pin to Pin) for Purifi amplifiers, no more splitter PCBs or custom wiring is needed.
  • Ultra-low power consumption in standby mode 0.1W @ 265VAC .
  • 12V trigger input, turn ON/OFF the SMPS from any device that supports 12V trigger, like AV receivers.
  • The standby function eliminates the need for any external turn ON delay circuit or any inrush current limiter circuit.
  • Standby input supports LED power without the need for any external power source, only 2 wires are needed to achieve the ON/OFF function with the LED indicator.
  • All AUX outputs are short circuit protected, the regulated output & the unregulated output & the VDR output.
  • Supports +-24VDC REGULATED outputs
  • 2 Years warranty **

Last edited:

NTSOS

Hi all,

Just received my SMPS1K-PFCR2 from MicroAudio today....looks good and hats off to Sami for the competent packaging that prevented any damage in shipping.

Next up, build a monoblock aluminum case to house the SMPSiK-PFCR2 and a Purifi EVAL2.

John

IMG_1362d.jpg

arczar

I would also like to write something about Micro Audio SMPS.

My SMPS is 630G, dual voltage +/- 54V. It powers the power amplifier on the irs2092 and the input buffers on the OPA134 (regulated +/-12V). I also power the fan from the 12V connector. It cannot be seen in the photo. The build quality is perfect. Customer service too - Cresnet helped me a lot and answered my questions patiently. Thank you very much.

Previously, I had a different converter and had a problem with noise in the tweeter. Now the problem will be gone. I will probably buy a version with a single power supply for the tpa3255.

irs2092.jpg

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
I would also like to write something about Micro Audio SMPS.

My SMPS is 630G, dual voltage +/- 54V. It powers the power amplifier on the irs2092 and the input buffers on the OPA134 (regulated +/-12V). I also power the fan from the 12V connector. It cannot be seen in the photo. The build quality is perfect. Customer service too - Cresnet helped me a lot and answered my questions patiently. Thank you very much.

Previously, I had a different converter and had a problem with noise in the tweeter. Now the problem will be gone. I will probably buy a version with a single power supply for the tpa3255.

View attachment 119181

Thank you for your support!

AnalogAficionado

I'm interested in building a Hypex NC400 amplifier, and looking for suitable power supplies. Which of your SMPS models would you recommend to power either 2 or 4 NC400 modules?

Also, do any of them fit into a 1U size chassis (40mm interior height), or do you have any low-height SMPS in development?

Thanks,
Chad.

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
For the NC400 at +-64VDC, you can choose between SMPS1K-PFC or the new SMPS800-D.

Its all based on what futures you are looking for in a SMPS.

None of my SMPS units fits in a 1 U size chassis at the moment.

Thank you.

yaroslavrts

I am going to buy SMPS630-G for my new AB amplifier.
However, I have read the warning that: maximum output capacity
The SMPS can accept 12,000 uF per bus, so the total is 24,000 uF.
Increasing this value simply causes the overcurrent protection to trip.
How can i solve this problem?
Structural scheme.jpg

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
I am going to buy SMPS630-G for my new AB amplifier.
However, I have read the warning that: maximum output capacity
The SMPS can accept 12,000 uF per bus, so the total is 24,000 uF.
Increasing this value simply causes the overcurrent protection to trip.
How can i solve this problem?
View attachment 142483

No problem

I can adjust it to accept more. But not more than 40000uf

Thanks

Mike_PT

Just power up my new SMPS1K-PFCR2 from Micro Audio and the Purifi Eval1 KIT. Everything worked perfectly at first time this was my first amp! Thank's for your support Sami.

Zabloc

Hi,
Orchard audio has interesting Starkrimson Ultra GaN class D modules, a lot of people can't buy Hypex power supply for this amp, specifically SMPS1200A100 because they are exclusively OEM.
Do you have a PSU that would meet the specification for the Starkrimson Ultra module?
Thanks.

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
Hi,
Orchard audio has interesting Starkrimson Ultra GaN class D modules, a lot of people can't buy Hypex power supply for this amp, specifically SMPS1200A100 because they are exclusively OEM.
Do you have a PSU that would meet the specification for the Starkrimson Ultra module?
Thanks.

Yes, the SMPS1K-PFCR2 meets the requirements, but with +-40VDC not in +-36VDC

Thank you

OP
MicroAudio

MicroAudio

Audio Company
All orders placed between 4-April-2022 and 15-April-2022 will enjoy a 10% discount.

All orders placed after 15-April-2022 will have a 12% price increase on all items due to the uncontrolled price increase in electronic components.

SMPS1K-PFCR2 is now available with +-70VDC for the Purifi 1ET7040SA

The lead time for any order placed now is 70 days.

Thanks!

Top Bottom