• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Small speakers for near-field listening (source: PC) under 250 €.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

A friend of mine asked me to advise him a pair of speakers around 200 € (I think he could stretch to 250 €) for general purposes, including listening to classical music on Youtube.

He doesn't have a lot of room on his desk so I think about the iLoud Micro Monitors.

Any other ideas?

Cheers.

3125b

Major Contributor
The new Mackie CR4-X are supposedly pretty good.
The iLoud are certainly a good option.
The Adam A3X are over budget, but they really impressed me.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 305p MKII's that I purchased were too big for my desk and had way too much hiss for me. I bought Tannoy Reveal 402's to replace them and I'm pretty happy with them (EQ'd with REW+UMIK-1+EqualizerAPO). I'm considering adding the Fostex PM-SUBmini 2 to add a bit more bass, but I'm not sure I can find the space for it. Your friend could acquire the 402's for under 100€ and add the Fostex for under 150€ if they want more bass (or buy a UMIK-1 to EQ the 402's).

There's a picture of my 402's on FluidAudio stands here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-desktop-audio-setup.12057/page-3#post-362912

*edit* the front firing ports were a large factor in my purchase of the 402's, if you look as the picture, you'll see than one monitor sits in a corner and the other in 'free air' in front of a deep bay window.

Last edited:
Top Bottom