• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Small Room Treatment

Soundmixer

So, reading back the suggestions I get quite confused. Should I use broadband absorption at first reflection points, or diffusion, or both, or nothing? I would not mind increasing clarity a little now that the centre image is fixed.
The most common advice is to use absorption. However, if you have sufficient distance from the walls to the MLP, diffusion can also be used. I chose diffusion myself, as I don't like the smothered sound of a lot of absorption in my HT. My studio leans towards the dry side of neutral, and I didn't want that for my HTs. I prefer a more open sound at home, so the only absorption in my HTs is on the front and back walls and a very thick pad with shag carpet on the floor.

OP
o2so

o2so

Forum Donor
The most common advice is to use absorption. However, if you have sufficient distance from the walls to the MLP, diffusion can also be used. I chose diffusion myself, as I don't like the smothered sound of a lot of absorption in my HT. My studio leans towards the dry side of neutral, and I didn't want that for my HTs. I prefer a more open sound at home, so the only absorption in my HTs is on the front and back walls and a very thick pad with shag carpet on the floor.
Thank you. What is the recommended distance for diffusion?

Top Bottom