• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Small amp with subwoofer output?

Cofra

Hi,

I'd like something small but decent to power my Wharfedale D225 (small speakers) and D10 (sub) I'll mount on my porch.

Any suggestions? Does any of those Chinese budget class D amps have a sub output? Not to bulky and pricy. Thanks in advance.

Regards,Christian

OP
C

Cofra

Thanks. It looks quite interesting. So does it's brother, the A20a.

JPrufrk

Also SMSL SA300. Awesome little box with an unfiltered line level sub output (which I'm using). It hasn't been measured here but Archimago reviewed it.

HorizonsEdge

loxjie a30

JPrufrk

It's worth mentioning that the Loxjie A30, Sabaj A10A and SMSL SA300 all use the Infineon MA12070 chip. I suspect they sound similar, though I've only heard the SA300. They do have different form factors and slightly different features, so it depends what you want. The internal DAC in the SA300 is nothing special, a fact which was discussed elsewhere on ASR. Switching to a Sanskrit MKII was a significant improvement .

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
budget class D amps have a sub output?
Given the D225 are small, the question should be "sub output WITH A HIGHPASS FILTER" and I'll wager the answer is "NEVER." I would parallel:
- From the source to the sub, which has its own crossover I presume
- From the source to a crossover to the input of the small amp. The crossover could be https://www.hlabs.com/products/crossovers/index_files/Page384.htm without using the subwoofer leg, or a little Rolls active unit.
- Per @amirm's testing (blessings upon you!) of cranking like 77 actual watts, I got the AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 for a system in a big open living room. Really nice little unit!

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

I'd like something small but decent to power my Wharfedale D225 (small speakers) and D10 (sub) I'll mount on my porch.

Any suggestions? Does any of those Chinese budget class D amps have a sub output? Not to bulky and pricy. Thanks in advance.

Regards,Christian
Bluetooth and RCA inputs

KEiiD on Amazon for $50

it’s got a cheesy connector for speaker wire but sounds surprisingly good.
I have some Klipsch RB61-II speakers and a sealed JBL Sub that I use with it and it’s fairly impressive.

Top Bottom