• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Small (7" in Speaker Height Max) Under $200/pair Desktop Speakers

warpdrive

I'm realizing that 7" tall speakers are mostly too small, at least for good sounding speakers in my price range (under $300/pair - prefer under $200). Thus, I'm willing to accept bigger speakers: maybe up to 11' in height. But smaller the better. The Q Acoustics 3010's are small-ish.

Does anyone have other suggestions for good sounding small-ish passive speakers? The Emotiva Airmotiv b1+ speakers seem to be well rated, but they are quite large.

Most importantly, do the passive speakers I've been listing sound better than my A2s?

I consider the A2 speakers to be very colored sounding, so if you are looking for more accuracy, there are definitely better choices.

On this site, the Polk ES20 was recommended by Amir, so it would be worth considering the smaller brothers ES15 and ES10. The ES15 would be the smallest I'd go personally to get enough bass extension.

OP
wacomme

wacomme

I bought a pair of Adam T5V monitors. Love them, especially with EQ. Now I'm wondering if a sub and more complex DSP would get me a flat frequency response vs. my current low frequency dip?

Attachments

• Sweep 7-15 L Adjustment Revised.jpg
    Sweep 7-15 L Adjustment Revised.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom