• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Situation vacant

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

gvl

Major Contributor
Would a graphic video-documented public destruction of a TOTL piece of Schiit gear bear any weight to favor your consideration?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
@Thomas savage -- You've done a great job here under extremely difficult circumstances and through lots of ups and downs. I hope you are moving on to better things but hope to see your posts here now and again. You will be missed - Don

Last edited:

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well, damn. I'll miss you. I hope you pop in from time to time.

... Advice for the next Man, the perfect amount of beer to consume for moderating is about 1 to 5 pints.. 5 to 10 pints is ok but 10 + pints your best off not logging in. ...

For some reason, the phrase "off to break the seal on a 10 pinter" resonated in my mind.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree with all of the above, and I hope Thomas continues to spread his humor and wisdom here but without the anxiety that must accompany being a moderator.

Are nominations being accepted for a replacement?

EDIT: No one can replace Thomas here. I should have said "successor."

If you are considering nominating @Sal1950, I'd think "the Chicago Crusher" is a good name for a moderator. :)

I think Sal's style would be a slight change from Thomas. Of course I'm not nominating anyone, at least no one I like. And I like Sal.

@Thomas savage maybe now that you aren't a moderator you can change your avatar back to a beautiful horse of some kind again.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Are nominations being accepted for a replacement?

1547454864116.png

derp1n

This makes me really sad.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I certainly hope Thomas is not leaving the forum (as opposed to merely resigning from the burdensome moderator position).

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was sad to read this Thomas, but have luck and fun doing what you do next.
Look forward to enjoying your posts as a civilian!

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
As a relative newcomer here, although a long time contributor to audio forums, I will miss your calm, sensible moderation. ASR has become my forum of choice, and much of that is down to the style of the forum, which is in turn down to the style of moderation.

Best wishes for whatever you do next.

S
I’m really pleased to hear this as one of my first objectives as ‘management’ was going over to where you were and hoping I could get you over here ( you might not remember lol). It took a bit longer than I had hoped but I’m really happy you eventually did pop over and subsequently are enjoying yourself here.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm a relative newcomer here but I'd like to add my own voice to those who have expressed gratitude for the sterling work of Thomas. I've tended to avoid audio forums as despite my love of listening to music and my appreciation of listening to it on decent audio equipment I've tended to be silent on audio forums as for some reason the audio world seems to be a magnet for extreme views and people with zero sense of perspective of what is important in life (and that isn't limited to the hard core subjectivists and people that genuinely believe $10k power chords move you forward two rows). This forum is an island of reasonableness and good humour and people seem to be capable of disagreeing and arguing without the nastiness that is a feature of so many audio boards and I think a big part of the credit for that is attributable to Thomas's moderation.

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well, @Thomas savage what can I say that hasn't already been said? You've done a terrific job here - the proverbial velvet glove in an iron fist :D - wait a minute, I hear the House of Commons might be looking for a new Speaker......nah, that would be too easy after what you've accomplished here.

Anyway, whatever your plans are, all the best!

Last edited:

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m really pleased to hear this as one of my first objectives as ‘management’ was going over to where you were and hoping I could get you over here ( you might not remember lol). It took a bit longer than I had hoped but I’m really happy you eventually did pop over and subsequently are enjoying yourself here.
Yes, ASR is the best audio site on the internet, bar none. It's also the best forum that I can remember using on the internet. So, Thomas, thank you. Until I read some of the posts above, I hadn't known of the role you played in creating it.

Entertaining and wise as he is on ASR, Thomas is also a delightful guy in real life. Perhaps he'll have more time to entertain people in person now that he's turning in his moderator stars.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
If you are considering nominating @Sal1950, I'd think "the Chicago Crusher" is a good name for a moderator. :)
I think Sal's style would be a slight change from Thomas. Of course I'm not nominating anyone, at least no one I like. And I like Sal.

I don't think Amir's ever forgiven you for bringing me here back at the sites launch. :facepalm:

Top Bottom