• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Situation vacant

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Hi,

To whom it interests,

I'm stepping Down from my moderation duties at ASR.

I'd like to offer my thanks publicly to the following members who have one way or another help me knowingly or otherwise..

@amirm @Blumlein 88 @Sal1950 @Cosmik @andreasmaaan @March Audio @oivavoi @DonH56

I like to take this Opportunity to express my thanks to Amir for giving me this opportunity. I'd also like to embarrass you by saying how fantastically genuine,kind , resilient and honest you have been in my time doing this . Despite your Employment history suggesting otherwise you really are a ok bloke.

To the rest of you Id like to thank you in general terms for helping build and maintain this online community.

Finally for the bucket full of weirdos I've had to deal with over my period doing this thanks for the laughs.

Advice for the next Man, the perfect amount of beer to consume for moderating is about 1 to 5 pints.. 5 to 10 pints is ok but 10 + pints your best off not logging in.

Cheers

Thomas

dc655321

Major Contributor
Bummer. Don't feel obligated to respond but why are you stepping back? You did a great job.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If I ever made you life more difficult I sincerely apologise , you have been fantastic and will be sorely missed.
Keith

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Let me use the opportunity to thank the ASR team (both the savage and the engineer) for letting ASR happen. It’s been of tremendous value to document what one already suspected, i.e. some audio gear is now so mature price and quality are not (cannot?) be correlated. To document in order to kill myths is an important aspect of applied science.

Thank you, @Thomas savage and @amirm !

:)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You have been a superalative moderator. I know I can't provide enough thanks for what you've done here. You were very important in Amir being able to make this place happen.

Now I wish you were staying on, but I wouldn't wish moderation duties on my worst enemies.

I do hope you'll be continuing to take part as a regular poster.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you've done a great job at something pretty much impossible to do perfectly, I think we all owe you a beer or two.

Last edited:

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I appreciate you and all the hard work and time you put into maintaining a civilized atmosphere here at ASR. Hope your drinking problem lets up now :D (kidding of course)

The King of Audio's court is sadly diminished today.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks for the kind mention Thomas!
Hope I wasn't more of a giant ball buster than a help?
Be sure to stay in touch here, the site would be greatly diminished without your insight into the workings and dealings of the high end.

Was it something I said? :p
Would an offer to double your salary change you mind?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the kind mention Thomas!
Hope I wasn't more of a giant ball buster than a help?
Be sure to stay in touch here, the site would be greatly diminished without your insight into the workings and dealings of the high end.

Was it something I said? :p
Would an offer to double your salary change you mind?
I believe he was dissatisfied because ASR mod status did not include his own camper van.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I believe he was dissatisfied because ASR mod status did not include his own camper van.
My lasting victory is getting amir to refer to that Van’n’ a bed as a camper van rather than the nonsense he used to call it ( I can’t ever remember what that was).

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
I hope this doesn't mean you're also leaving ASR as a contributing member. You were a far better mod than I ever was at the old site. I greatly appreciate and enjoy your sense of humor. I hope to be able to sit down and enjoy some fine music, beer and tequila (order to be determined) with you one day.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I hope this doesn't mean you're also leaving ASR as a contributing member. You were a far better mod than I ever was at the old site. I greatly appreciate and enjoy your sense of humor. I hope to be able to sit down and enjoy some fine music, beer and tequila (order to be determined) with you one day.
Careful you might get a visit .. poor amir and @Dialectic can attest to the suffering this brings lol

Oh if it’s the morning pre 10am ( 8am when the dive bar opens ) then it’s tequila first , then a beer. Beer throughout the day time and then anything goes after 6pm ( good to have some bail money on hand ).

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have to start this post with a story. Thomas came over to visit us a year and half ago. One of the first questions I asked him was what line of work he was in, expecting him to say psychiatrist, therapist, etc. Yet he told me he does drywall! I could not imagine someone with so much native wisdom and good sense about people not doing that professionally. It was his wisdom that led to me starting ASR as a fresh slate. And of course his tireless work to bring order to the chaos. And chaos is what we had for the first few months of the forum.

I always say there is no book for set of rules on how to govern a forum. Every situation requires thought, common sense, empathy and sometimes a strong hand. Thomas had all of these native skills and developed them to near perfection.

Yes, he is not perfect. He keeps calling my fancy RV a camper van. But who is perfect? We have to forgive him for that.

I can't imagine this place without him as a moderator. But I think his decision is final. I will cherish his friendship moving forward.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As a relative newcomer here, although a long time contributor to audio forums, I will miss your calm, sensible moderation. ASR has become my forum of choice, and much of that is down to the style of the forum, which is in turn down to the style of moderation.

Best wishes for whatever you do next.

S

Top Bottom