• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Singxer f-1 external linear power supply

Nehoray

Hi friends
I wish to add usb to spdif to my dac
I was thinking to buy tthis singxer f-1 and install it inside my dac.
I have understand that use this card with linear power supply can upgrade it sound a lot so I have 2 questions.
1. I have seen this card sold in a lots of websites including aliexpress
Are they all genuine with genuine parts ?
2. Since I don't have the schematic yet
I have seen that when connecting the card to external linear power supply the DC--DC converter should be removed and the L1 inductor should be removed as well.
However in this card there is L2 inductor
What it used for ? Should it be removed as well ?

Best regards to all of you

Nehoray

Attachments

• F1-Screenshot-2020-08-28-at-6.56.29-PM.jpg
    F1-Screenshot-2020-08-28-at-6.56.29-PM.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 155
  • C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images07079Q1K.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images07079Q1K.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 144

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
$170 for a board from Ebay/Ali you can't even confirm what it is/where it is from so you can do a hack job yourself and butcher your own DAC??

What sort of reply is that? The guy is asking, as a new member for some help. Grow up and either offer some useful advice, or refrain from posting in the thread.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The board is expensive, but offers full isolation and a DSD option. I wouldn't be pulling off the DC-DC reg until I'd tested it. If you don't need DSD, there are a lot of $40 boards that will do up to 24/192 with the same SPDIF outputs.

OP
N

Nehoray

Thank you for your reply
God bless you
I have a dac tube based non over sampling non upsampling. Based on tda1541 s2 double crown.
So 24/192 will do
However if I understand correctly the most important thing in this usb to spdif is the crystal that it uses.
The singxer f-1 uses crystek.
I wouldn't mind to invest a bit more and go for a card that uses double oven ocxo
I have red some reviews on the web and I have red good comments even more than m2tech

Regarding to upgrade the power supply of singxer f-1
The reason of pulling out the dc--dc is to create full isolation and each part is fed by independent power supply and at the same point that it enters the pcb there is 10000uf 16v wich makes sens to lowering the power supply impedance.

If you think of better pcb with better crystals
I would love to hear about it.

Best regards

Nehoray

Top Bottom