• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Single Benchmark AHB2 VS Dual Vincent SP998 Solid line Class-A Mono Power amplifier

Taher Ma moon

Hi audiophiles, I have read a lot of recommendations and reviews in audio science forums about the famous Benchmark media AHB2 power amplifier, and I was convinced to buy one peace as stereo power amp. for my new system:
- Apple MAC MINI 2012 - 8GB RAM: for media streaming
- RME ADI 2 DAC.
- KEF - LS 50.
- Dual Rhythmik - (DS1204) Sealed: DIY subwoofer.
But since I am living mostly in Germany, the rhythmik cost me almost double its price for transportation and customs(22%), this is why I need your advice if I have the opportunity to buy:
- Single Benchmark AHB2/5.7Kg: for 4200 USD
- Or Dual Vincent SP998 Solid line Class-A Mono Power amplifier/60Kg with huge transformer and 24 power cappacitors: for 2500 USD
Please advice ???

Attachments

• SP_998_inside.jpg
    SP_998_inside.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 562
  • SP_998.jpg
    SP_998.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 291

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi audiophiles, I have read a lot of recommendations and reviews in audio science forums about the famous Benchmark media AHB2 power amplifier, and I was convinced to buy one peace as stereo power amp. for my new system:
- Apple MAC MINI 2012 - 8GB RAM: for media streaming
- RME ADI 2 DAC.
- KEF - LS 50.
- Dual Rhythmik - (DS1204) Sealed: DIY subwoofer.
But since I am living mostly in Germany, the rhythmik cost me almost double its price for transportation and customs(22%), this is why I need your advice if I have the opportunity to buy:
- Single Benchmark AHB2/5.7Kg: for 4200 USD
- Or Dual Vincent SP998 Solid line Class-A Mono Power amplifier/60Kg with huge transformer and 24 power cappacitors: for 2500 USD
Please advice ???
At the price you are getting the 2- Vincent SP998 for I would go for those. Your electrical power expense will go up compared to the Benchmark.

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom