• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Simple switch for A/B testing

vito45

Hello,
can you recommend simple switch with 3,5 mm jacks for listening test of two or more sources with one headphones?
I tried to find something on aliexpress and amazon.de but I found only 3 models under 50€.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello there. I use this one all the time: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NTKFKMG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks cheesy but works a lot better! :)

1529440220592.png

At $12 including shipping you can't go wrong if you are in US. Looks like you may be in Germany so hopefully it is also available there seeing how it is from Korea.

Note that these switches can create ground loops and cause conduction of PC noise on one (usually) or both inputs. But if you turn up the music, it usually masks it. There is a guy selling an isolation device for this use which I have bought but not yet tested.

Top Bottom