• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Simple EQ/PEQ software for Desktop PC

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's all I want! Any suggestions appreciated.

I can measure with REW to find what filters I need. I just want a simple software that I can put in these filters so that all PC sound coming through two stereo speakers (no sub) will be corrected. I don't need perfection, just better.

Payware is good if it works well.

OP
H

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
EqualizerAPO sounds like the sort of thing I need. I'll investigate. Thanks.

Foxenfurter

I have used EqualizerAPO with Viper4Windows front-end. Bit fiddly to install but it was really easy to apply different filters once setup.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use PEACE with EqualizerAPO. It looks like this...

1583952450995.png

PEQ for JBL monitor generated by REW using measurements taken with UMIK-1. The headphone PEQ's are all taken from AutoEQ settings (generally Oratory1990).

Crandall

Seconding the PEACE GUI for Eq APO. It's a very nice program and more intuitive than the default editor. The overlay function for the graph is also handy when EQing headphones by hand, if you can subtract the difference from a site's target curve and their measurements in REW to get the filter shape.

Kouioui

Forum Donor
All my audio sources are from a PC. I was using Peace for oratory's headphone settings but he mentioned recently that Peace has problems with filter Q. I'm using REW/APO for monitor speaker EQ also so I decided to uninstall Peace and manually enter the headphone values into a formatted text file and use APO configuration editor from my taskbar to select between headphone/speaker EQ. Not as user friendly as Peace but I don't have to worry about wonky Q values.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All my audio sources are from a PC. I was using Peace for oratory's headphone settings but he mentioned recently that Peace has problems with filter Q. I'm using REW/APO for monitor speaker EQ also so I decided to uninstall Peace and manually enter the headphone values into a formatted text file and use APO configuration editor from my taskbar to select between headphone/speaker EQ. Not as user friendly as Peace but I don't have to worry about wonky Q values.

I read Oratory's comments as only referring to variable slope filters. My settings are all peak filters, so does this still apply?

Kouioui

Forum Donor
I read Oratory's comments as only referring to variable slope filters. My settings are all peak filters, so does this still apply?
You'd have to ask him to be certain but a couple of my cans use low-shelf Q values other than 0.71.

Last edited:
Top Bottom