• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Simple Bluetooth Receiver with USB output

rhz

I stream music from my Mac and from my Chromebook to my audio system. Currently this requires a wired USB connection between the computer and a Fiio DAC. I'd like to eliminate the need for the USB cable by transmitting streamed music via the computer's built-in bluetooth transmitter to a bluetooth receiver which will be connected by USB to the DAC. I can't find such a device without a lot of extra features I'd prefer not to pay for (e.g., DAC, amplifier, etc).

This question was asked a year ago, and no obvious choice emerged.

Lambda

Major Contributor
Such a devices don’t exist.
You cant just "adapt" bluetooth to usb. you need a computer in the midel to Decode/decompress, buffer, resample and to have the usb "driver" for the DAC.

Get a bluetooth to toslink reciver and DAC with toslink input if you need an external dac (or a dac with bluetooth)

Sure it can be done with ab embedded computer but i don’t see the benefit or the market.

MCH

Major Contributor
Can a raspberry pi receive bluetooth? I think it does. If so, a zero costs 11 eur...
Edit: Yes, can confirm you can do what you want to do with moodeaudio and probably others

Last edited:
Top Bottom