• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Silo (TV series)

MachOne

I'm curious what felt so off to you.

The show is supposed to be an alternate reality/future where people have been stuck in the silo for 150~200 years.

Just to start - I don't think it's a bad show, it just didn't quite work for me. I like subtler acting and direction where emotions and plot points aren't quite so openly signposted. This might just have been an Ep 1 decision to get the ball rolling a bit quicker, but it made it hard going for me.

The other issue was I kept seeing the spray painted polystyrene props and the lack of detail and time put into the costumes. I build and repair a variety of machines in my garage and a lot of the parts were things I'd use myself day to day. That just made it hard to become absorbed in the world. The CG background "actors" had weird bendy arms, too. Like I said, it's a curse - it ruins a lot of shows for me!

ExPerfectionist

Filming for Silo season 2 is currently on "indefinite hiatus" amid the ongoing writers’ and actors’ strikes.

The sci-fi series, starring Rebecca Ferguson, Rashida Jones, and David Oyelowo, was shut down in the UK according to Deadline. According to the outlet, season 3 of Foundation – another jewel in Apple’s streaming crown – could also be under threat.

Silo, which features a dystopian community living in an underground silo, was a smash hit upon its release in May.

It became one of the most-streamed shows on Apple TV Plus during its first season and also helped contribute to Apple’s highest-ever combined viewing figures. It was also the streamer’s most-watched drama after its debut and has been lauded as one of 2023’s best new TV shows – hitting 87% and 89% respectively on its critic and audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes.

The news of Silo shutting down production comes off the back of several major disruptions to filming across Hollywood. The actors’ strike means that the likes of Deadpool 3, Andor season 2, and a Gladiator sequel are all affected.

Top Bottom