• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Silo (TV series)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I read the books and loved them. Cast and scenarios look awesome! I have high expectations here. :)
The first episode to be released May 5th on Apple TV+.

Trailer

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know, isn't it this Silo thinking that brought us where we are...
PS. Is that the actress that played the mom in Dune?

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, that's her: Dune's Lady Jessica Atreides.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And today the first 2 episodes are released. Tonight I plan on watching them, fingers crossed here.

groovybassist

Forum Donor
Watched the first episode - mixed feelings about it. Can’t set designers come up with an “underground” set that doesn’t look like grungy concrete and like a future version of medieval times??? I found the acting pretty meh as well. The only thing that has me interested in watching episode 2 is the general concept - if things are fine above ground, who’s keeping them down there and why?

sq225917

Major Contributor
I'm a fan of the books. They fairly rattled through that first part, missing the opportunity to build up the idea of 'them' as they do in the book. The set is all wrong, too much concrete and mock stone, not enough metal. Hopefully it'll pick up in ep2.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I watched the 1st two episodes. Have not read the books. I thought first episode was okay. Episode two was quite good, and I'm looking forward to more.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I loved the first two episodes already, so cool to see it brought to life!

Last edited:
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Best series this year so far. Loving every episode!

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Watching... But find it slow and plodding... And this is from a guy that absolutely loved Severance.

Still - here's hoping theres a big payoff coming, as I haven't read the books and have no preconceptions.

krumpol

I still find it overly dramatised.
Generator was turned off for five days in book and repair procedure was covered on couple of lines in very calm and pragmatic manner. In TV series this was totally different, frenetic nail-biter lasting half episode with main character drowning - the coolant valve was made up btw, nothing like that in book.
Enjoying this adaptation anyway, books are much better though.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes they have changed several things but it's all good, the main plot (mystery of the origin, hidden power controlling things, Juliette finding out) is kept, the rest is just icing on the cake imo.

dc2257

Yes they have changed several things but it's all good, the main plot (mystery of the origin, hidden power controlling things, Juliette finding out) is kept, the rest is just icing on the cake imo.
I read the series years ago, but my retention is not great, so I keep wondering if what I'm watching is following the books. Bernard is portrayed as a somewhat benevolent character initially, but it wasn't how I remembered him. Now he is beginning to reveal himself... . I'm LOVING the show and characters, the episodes seem too short to me. ;)
I waiting to see how the heat tape is brought up again for the finale!

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, they added more plot twists, cliff hangers and drama. All part of making the story more appealing to the TV audience.

...and still people complain it is too slow. Better watch some Marvel movies then...

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
Yes, they added more plot twists, cliff hangers and drama. All part of making the story more appealing to the TV audience.

...and still people complain it is too slow. Better watch some Marvel movies then...
Or maybe some quality sci-fi like Foundation.

Top Bottom