• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg Audio @ Purité Audio London

MKR

Major Contributor
Thank you! I'm afraid not, and currently there are no US dealers/retailers either. We are mainly an internet direct company. We have Wyatt Audio outside of New York, but currently that collaboration is mainly around our subwoofers customized for Quad ESL63.

Where in the US are you located, and are there any dealers / retailers near you that you think would be interested in retailing this?
I will send you a DM

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sigberg Audio’s new four way, cardioid Manta, should be with us soonish!
Really quite excited,

Keith

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Expected date for general availability (including the first units for @Purité Audio) is now moved forward from July to June 2023. :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sigberg Audios dual cardioid protocol explained,
‘The reason why we can have both wideband and high efficiency, is because there are two individual cardioid systems. The 12" midbass driver and the coax driver are in two individual cardioid enclosures covering separate parts of the audio band. So the lower system covers ~80-600hz, and the upper system covers from 600hz and up to the point where the naturally narrow dispersion of the tweeter takes effect.’
Sigberg Audio’s superb 4-way dual cardioid ‘Manta’ arrives art Purité Audio London, in early summer.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OK, ‘soonish’ really is soon, invoice paid awaiting dispatch.
I am an old curmudgeon and rarely does anything excite me but I am really looking forward to Thorbjørn’s Sigbergs new four way, dual cardioid ‘Mantas .
I have added a page on the Purité Audio site ,

I will add photographs and my thoughts when I have actually had a chance to listen to them and compare them to D&Ds excellent 8Cs, KEF LS60s etc etc.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Arrived, well almost:-

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Everything has arrived, hooray, oddly two deliveries just an hour apart.
I will update the PA ‘Blog’ with more photographs, asap.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

belligerent ( hostile and aggressive ) there is definitely a menacing aspect to the Mantas.

Keith

djn04

Interested to hear how these compare to the other often compared active speakers. Would love to hear about them combined with the KEF KC62s (already own a pair).

What are you planning to use as a front end? Would the Eversolo DMP-A6 work with digital out and volume control?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have just unpacked two of Sigberg’s D10 subs which I intend to use with the Mantas , jolly heat they are too, dual 10” woofers per sub.
But I do have two KC62s so I could compare and contrast.
Re front end yes the Eversolo DMP should be perfect, I will have time over the weekend to set-up everything.
The sheer scale of the Mantas means they and the 8Cs will have to move into a dedicated room.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
So unpacked and just roughly placed, to give you an idea of scale Sigberg ‘Mantas’ next to KEF LS50 wireless.
Build quality, fit and finish of the both the Mantas and dual D10 subs is superb.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sigberg Audio @ Purité Audio London.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have to go and lie down in a darkened room, the Mantas were heavy but the subs were heavier!
Sound soon,
Keith

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Purité Audio If possible I would suggest having them at least as wide distance between them as you are away from them. Having them even wider is better if feasible in the room. Looks a bit narrow in the photos (if that's where they're going to be). :)

I would also at least start with less toe-in (0-10 degrees), but feel free to experiment!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are absolutely awesome, obviously don’t take my word for it, but if you have the opportunity seek them out, they have superb clarity and real weight I don’t think I have heard such clear delineation but not as a product of tipped up highs.
Extremely impressive, better than I could have hoped for.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is simply coincidence I am listening to the same Lana album, using the Eversolo DMP to feed analogue to the ‘Mantas’ ( they accept both digital and analogue)

Keith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is impressive. The 10 year support is a veryy welcomed policy. Looks very good on you @sigbergaudio.
z siegberg.png

siegberg 2.png

Top Bottom