• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Will there be models with bigger woofers? 15" 18" 21"

Nothing like that planned no. We have some plans (still on the drawing board) for larger subwoofers, but not with this form factor.

Our 10D subwoofer with dual 10" is roughly equivalent to a single 15" performance wise, with some penalty in the lowest frequencies due to its compact size.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@behappybevegan Feel free to share more about your use case / situation so I can understand better what you're looking for. :)

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thought I'd mention here that we've been in discussions with Trinnov beta testers around the topic of the Trinnov WaveForming technology, and our Inkognito subwoofers. We will explore this particular segment further in the coming months, and may have some demo setups has selected customers coming up.

In summary they find them to basically be a perfect match for this use case, having both decent power, high end sound reproduction and crucially the option of being installed on-wall (which is essentially a requirement to be able to place subwoofers according to the Trinnov placement guide). :)

Last edited:

Steve81

Forum Donor
Room coupling
A I guess not scientifically proved idea is that having the driver facing close to a wall or floor will reduce the room node problems for that specific plane. I don't have any other proof for this than measurements and listening tests and anecdotal evidence from testers (see below). But my impression is that the fact that both the driver is very close to the floor/wall, and the entire enclosure also is very shallow, somehow reduce issues with room nodes. I get less room interaction with this subwoofer than a regular sealed subwoofer at the same position. It also works very well half way up the wall (even less nodes triggered).

Hi! FWIW, it sounds like you’re observing the Allison Effect, or lack thereof with your designs. Way back when Josh Ricci ran the subwoofer show at Audioholics, he used to advocate for flipping subs to have the driver face the wall to mitigate those effects.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Some pictures from an installation of four(4) Inkognito 12" subwoofers in a pretty massive surround system (various B&W 800-series version for all channels on the floor, and an additional 9 speakers in the ceiling.:D He also already had four subwoofers, but added these as he's getting ready for the new Trinnov Waveforming technology. He may add an additional four Inkognitos down the road. :eek:

Not sure what this adds up to now, 9.8.9 or something.

edit-IMG_1449.jpg
edit-IMG_1451.jpg
edit-IMG_1457.jpg
edit-IMG_1459.jpg

edit-IMG_1464.jpg

edit-IMG_1469.jpg

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Where can I get a ‘Sigberg Audio’ t-shirt?
Very best,
Keith

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If you can imagine a youth lithe athletic figure well that isn't me!
I see thats the way it is, is it one t-shirt per order!
Smart shirt though.
Keith

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
In-room response of the four on-wall Inkognitos (no smoothing) with Trinnov (first autocalibration, no fine tuning yet):

4xinkognito_optimizer-jpg.3530390

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Some pictures from an installation of four(4) Inkognito 12" subwoofers in a pretty massive surround system (various B&W 800-series version for all channels on the floor, and an additional 9 speakers in the ceiling.:D He also already had four subwoofers, but added these as he's getting ready for the new Trinnov Waveforming technology. He may add an additional four Inkognitos down the road. :eek:

Not sure what this adds up to now, 9.8.9 or something.

View attachment 325177View attachment 325178View attachment 325179View attachment 325180

View attachment 325181
View attachment 325182
Money, money, money must be funny in the rich man's world ;)

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Money, money, money must be funny in the rich man's world ;)

For sure, but also priorities. Some have fancy houses, boats or cars, others pour all their money into their hobby. :)

TGB

Just ordered 4 additional Sigberg Audio Inkognito 12" subs. They are really that good :cool:
Aiming for the existing 4 centered around 3/4 of the room height, and the additional 4 centered around 1/4 of the room height. I will try to combine them with 2x Pardigm Persona Sub, but might end up selling the Paradigm Persona Subs.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Cross posting this from the SBS.1 thread here as well. Shared from a customer with two Inkognito subwoofers. In-room measurement and natural extension (no EQ to lift the bass). Only two EQ points below 100hz, no automatic correction. :)

1706733836840.png

Top Bottom