• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your cookware

delta76

Major Contributor
Apparently many members are interested in cooking, if not talented cooks. Show us your cookware, what brand and what you like about it

1678886203468.png

My favorite pan is a Demeyere Proline. 7 layers, thick and heavy as hell. But the construction is impeccable, so is heat distribution. I assume it would last my life time, and maybe some more, which is why I bought it (cost €200 eur for 12")

JaccoW

Yeah I like those as well. I have their slightly larger model with the handle. I'll see if I can shoot a picture later.

For now, here's an earlier picture:
ezgif-4-a5af2420d7.jpg

I have not been using my non-stick pans all that much lately but when I wore out one of my older pans I decided to upgrade a bit to a Scanpan CTX.

Here is my collection of pans, hanging from an Old Dutch wall-mount bookshelf pot rack that I bought 7 years ago from eBay. Shipping to Europe was as expensive as the item but it was still a steal comparatively.

From left to right and what I use them for:
  • Demeyere Industry 5 30cm wok
    • Great size for wokking but I mostly use it for making soup. I had a non-stick wok before but that one was ruined when my immersion blender's blade and axle came loose and stripped the pan in a few places. Added the matching glass cover to make it easy to put everything in the fridge.
  • Scanpan CTX fry pan 28cm
    • Some dishes just work better in a non-stick pan (egg-heavy Spanish tortilla being one of them) so I bought this one yesterday. So far so good. I like the handle and the look of the stainless steel cladding on the outside.
  • Royal VBK boomerang wok
    • A non-stick wok that has a curved overhang on one side, making it easier to flip over whatever you're cooking. A gift from someone but surprisingly useful at times. Also very common in houses around the Netherlands.
  • No-name non-stick frying pan
  • Demeyere Mini 3 16cm + cover
    • A mini pan that's quite useful for preparing small dishes. In my case it often gets used for making caramelized onions. Easy to clean with the kind of food I prepare in it.
  • Hackman/Fiskars Hard Face omelette pan x2
    • Great pans for making omelettes, tortillas, crepes and pancakes (the Dutch kind). Together with a crepe spatula it becomes very easy to quickly bake a lot of pancakes for a group of hungry people. So far they have held up well for 5+ years but they are for occasional use. Bought them on sale back then from an Iittala outlet store. They have however been warped so they don't sit entirely flat on the stove anymore. Which is less of an issue on the ceramic stove I use them on.
  • Generic stainless steel sauce pan
  • Blacklock 12 inch cast iron grill pan
    • Expensive where I live but I do love the finish a good cast iron grill adds to vegetables. A bit big for my usage but when I'm grilling tons of veggies the size is appreciated. If I had to buy it again though I would probably go down to something like the 10.5 inch grill.
  • Lodge 5.5 inch square cast iron skillet
    • A cute little thing that pretty much exclusively lives to fry my sunday morning sunny side-up egg to put on bread or avocado toast. Heats up quickly and is easy to clean.
  • Lodge 8 inch cast iron skillet
    • Just a good general allround cast iron skillet.
  • Lodge 10.25 inch cast iron skillet - Wildlife series Deer
    • A bigger skillet that's more useful for cooking complete dishes in it. Also looks great to serve food in so I often use it for dishes where I eat from the pan with friends and family. The deer on the bottom looks great when hanging from the pot rack though its nooks and crannies make it slightly more difficult to get everything dry before storage. What I'm saying is; there's some minor rust on the bottom in its eye. ;)
So that's all my major cookware. There are a few more larger pots and pans but nothing too fancy. Don't worry too much about the non-stick pan picture. The bottom one has been replaced by the Scanpan as the non-stick layer has clearly come off. I'll probably replace the other regular non-stick frying pan as well but so far it's still functional.
In the meantime I have added the Demeyere ProLine 32cm (12+ inch) frying pan.

Top Bottom