• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Smart Roadster Coupe, or Dum Leakster Coupe as I call it!

View attachment 22079

I love those! I wish we could get them here.

My car is unexciting, a dark silver Lexus CT200h. For Europeans, it's a Prius with a more conservative shell and a nicer interior. It's so unexciting that a picture would put everyone to sleep. It replaced a Miata, which I loved but do not miss. It does what I need a car to do right now - get my daughter and me (her daycare is at my firm) safely through a ~2 mile each way urban commute without costing too much. I have never put more than 3k miles on it, in a city where 15k/yr is considered low. I fill up once a month. I only average about 30mpg (US) due to the rolling hills and crippling traffic. If I'm driving in the suburban hinterländer for any length of time that goes up to the mid-40s.

My wife pre-ordered a Tesla Model 3 on launch day, and took delivery last August. There is a picture in the Model 3 thread, along with some drama about paint issues that were fixed prior to acceptance. As a road-going car it is an overwhelmingly and thoroughly superior experience compared to any similarly-situated ice car. I do not understand why anyone who can afford a good BEV for daily driving would waste money on ice in 2019. As more people are exposed to BEV, the resale value of mainstream ice cars is going to tank. BEV is digital and ice is vinyl. My battery warranty is up next year, which is a good reason to replace my car with a BEV. I test drove and almost bought a BMW i3 last fall, but our daughter's crestfallen face when she learned the back windows didn't roll down killed that notion. I've been following the rumors a little. I am looking to Volvo Polestar 2 and Tesla Model Y as likely top contenders, as well as the forthcoming VWs and Audis. I wish Subaru would make an e-Impreza. Used Models S and X would fit the budget but I do not want something that huge. J1/Taycan is what I would buy if I were less fiscally responsible.

Over 2 tons and 200mph and 1000bhp = special tyres.
Mind you, having spent my whole career designing F1 and CART cars I hate heavy (10kg=0.35 secs per lap in F1, about the same as 20bhp, so mega important) not fashionable in road cars so only the proper sports car makers make light sports cars... the rest tend to be 2 seat limos for rich old blokes whose sole driving talent is mashing the throttle.

This! Roadgoing US sports cars to me are Miata, BRZ/86, marginally Cayman/Boxster.

Djsedaw

My wife's old car
Alfa gui.jpg

My wife's new car!
alfa-romeo-stelvio-2017-114l.jpg

I have to drive the Leakster! :eek:
3025108451_2a3324f18d.jpg

OP
W

W2S

I love those! I wish we could get them here.

My car is unexciting, a dark silver Lexus CT200h. For Europeans, it's a Prius with a more conservative shell and a nicer interior. It's so unexciting that a picture would put everyone to sleep. It replaced a Miata, which I loved but do not miss. It does what I need a car to do right now - get my daughter and me (her daycare is at my firm) safely through a ~2 mile each way urban commute without costing too much. I have never put more than 3k miles on it, in a city where 15k/yr is considered low. I fill up once a month. I only average about 30mpg (US) due to the rolling hills and crippling traffic. If I'm driving in the suburban hinterländer for any length of time that goes up to the mid-40s.

My wife pre-ordered a Tesla Model 3 on launch day, and took delivery last August. There is a picture in the Model 3 thread, along with some drama about paint issues that were fixed prior to acceptance. As a road-going car it is an overwhelmingly and thoroughly superior experience compared to any similarly-situated ice car. I do not understand why anyone who can afford a good BEV for daily driving would waste money on ice in 2019. As more people are exposed to BEV, the resale value of mainstream ice cars is going to tank. BEV is digital and ice is vinyl. My battery warranty is up next year, which is a good reason to replace my car with a BEV. I test drove and almost bought a BMW i3 last fall, but our daughter's crestfallen face when she learned the back windows didn't roll down killed that notion. I've been following the rumors a little. I am looking to Volvo Polestar 2 and Tesla Model Y as likely top contenders, as well as the forthcoming VWs and Audis. I wish Subaru would make an e-Impreza. Used Models S and X would fit the budget but I do not want something that huge. J1/Taycan is what I would buy if I were less fiscally responsible.

This! Roadgoing US sports cars to me are Miata, BRZ/86, marginally Cayman/Boxster.

OP
W

W2S

Someone asked the question what's a hyper / super car? as even super saloons can get under 4s

These you can quite safely say are super cars or add you our

These pictures are from a marketing email from a dealer offering build slots on the following up coming cars

McLaren Speedtail

unnamed (1).jpg

Ferrari Monza SP1/2

unnamed.jpg

Koenigsegg Regera

unnamed.jpg

McLaren Senna GTR

unnamed (1).jpg

Bugatti Divo

images.jpeg

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

OP
W

W2S

Does a Tesla have any German engineering in it? Seems more complete than your joke picture. I'm not particular about where good engineering comes from as long as its good.

Hi Blumlein 88

Graz_lay think it's more a dig at trump that then us car industry but could be wrong?

Let's be honest there great engineers all over world just because I don't like the HellCat or the Demon doesn't mean there not great cars and I can appreciate the effort to build and design thoses vehicles

I wonder how much motoring knowledge and experience we have in this thread alone I would like member to share their thoughts, views and opinions on there mode of transport and help others out be that Cars Motorbikes Peddle Bike or horse and carriage if your that Old :oops:

Should change thread title to show us your Rides instead of Cars?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Change it to "Show some random car" since that's what it turned into.

OP
W

W2S

Well I've only 3 cars in the family two 335Ds one black & one white and one Range Rover

So need a few people joining in

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I've only 3 cars in the family two 335Ds one black & one white and one Range Rover

So need a few people joining in
Yes, but show us your cars isn't show us some cars. Bikes and other transportation seem close enough. We go off topic all the time of course.

Tip

Hi Blumlein 88

Graz_lay think it's more a dig at trump that then us car industry but could be wrong?

Let's be honest there great engineers all over world just because I don't like the HellCat or the Demon doesn't mean there not great cars and I can appreciate the effort to build and design thoses vehicles

I wonder how much motoring knowledge and experience we have in this thread alone I would like member to share their thoughts, views and opinions on there mode of transport and help others out be that Cars Motorbikes Peddle Bike or horse and carriage if your that Old :oops:

I agree that Graz_lag's post was a dig at Trump. However, the HellCat and Demon do have German engineering in them; they are derived from the Chrysler 300 which was derived from the Mercedes-Benz E-Class platform when Daimler owned Chrysler.

Top Bottom