• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've never even seen a Bugatti. That's in a city where trophy cars abound and in an area where they are most likely to be seen. At least I don't have to worry about ever owning one.
I would not own one even if I had the money :)
Alpine A110 is more my sort of car altogether.
https://alpinecars.com/en/
Two weigh about the same as the Bugatti and whilst not as good as a dragster and lower top speed a much better drive on roads round here.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I would not own one even if I had the money :)
Alpine A110 is more my sort of car altogether.
https://alpinecars.com/en/
Two weigh about the same as the Bugatti and whilst not as good as a dragster and lower top speed a much better drive on roads round here.

Looks like a sweet car which may never be sold in the US. To be honest the roads in my part of town have so many potholes that a Jeep would drive better than most vehicles.

I might snag a mid engine Corvette whenever they become available.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Got a 2005 Suzuki Alto.. Well, it's actually a Maruti Alto, but it was sold as 'Suzuki' here in the EU.

Silver gray and unbelievably anonymous to look at. Had to put some stickers and stuff on it to be able to find it in the parking lots. There's always four or five of them in that color o_O

Crappy little (...tiny) car. I can forget all about overtaking anything larger than a bicycle, and accelerating uphill is a no-go. But it's cheap! :p

I'll spare you a picture.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The thing I don't like about modern cars is the obsession with trying to pretend that family cars are sports cars by tuning the suspension to inflict spinal injuries if you drive over a stone chip. It doesn't make cars sporty, it just gives them a rubbish ride. Audi are one of the worst culprits which is why I was amazed that the A6 rides well and it doesn't pretend to be a four door sports car. It's the cars redeeming feature. I tried a BMW 5 series when I was deciding what to buy, on regular comfort suspension the 5 series is a comfortable cruiser and handles well, on sports and M sports suspension it just felt far too stiff and uncomfortable.

westyjeff

My current ride,

IMG_0067.JPG

My camping setup:
IMG_0003.JPG

My next project:

IMG_0176.JPG

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sick! C7's are heavily discounted now. It might get better. Current supply of new Corvettes is 263 days and they are building 1,000 more per month than are selling. My belief is retooling of Bowling Green is not more than a month or two off.

I'm not in the market right at this moment, but I can not see any other car in the next few years coming out that would take its top spot, incredible value as well. I was excited about the Supra until I learned that BMW were building them.

Over 2 tons and 200mph and 1000bhp = special tyres.
Mind you, having spent my whole career designing F1 and CART cars I hate heavy (10kg=0.35 secs per lap in F1, about the same as 20bhp, so mega important) not fashionable in road cars so only the proper sports car makers make light sports cars... the rest tend to be 2 seat limos for rich old blokes whose sole driving talent is mashing the throttle.

This is why the GT86 was the other car I was considering, light and incredibly fun to throw around. I still hold out hopes that Toyota might make a version with just a bit more power. C7 pretty much fits that as well, and both have that thing Europeans love, great handling with a bit of oversteer :)

Reactions: W2S

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've never even seen a Bugatti. That's in a city where trophy cars abound and in an area where they are most likely to be seen. At least I don't have to worry about ever owning one.

I think limited use is true of lots of highly expensive cars. One of the guys at Barrett-Jackson auctions (Mr. Jackson I think) had a McLaren which was said to have been driven more miles than any other modern McLaren they had sold. It has a whopping 17,000 miles, and he'd owned it several years. I mostly see such cars at car shows or monthly club meetings if at all. Never seen a modern Bugatti either.

OP
W

W2S

My Mate sent me a few pictures of his new Ride which he picked up last week

Ferrari 812 Superfast

fullsizeoutput_8073.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_807d.jpeg
PHOTO-2018-10-12-21-37-13.jpg

Don't think I could spend that much on a car even if I had the money.

Nissan GTR or the New BMW 8 series or both and still have change to spare

Last edited:
OP
W

W2S

This was the other car he was interested in LOL the Rolls Royce Cullinan SUV looks like the design team were on a piss up night before they designed it

IMG-20181218-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20181218-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20181220-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20181218-WA0017.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This was the other car he was interested in LOL the Rolls Royce Cullinan SUV looks like the design team were on a piss up night before they designed it

View attachment 22127View attachment 22128View attachment 22129View attachment 22130
My eyes, my eyes. Or worse my sense of style has been severely assaulted. What were they thinking? This one should have a spoiler tag with a warning before viewing.

{spoiler}done like this only with square brackets {/spoiler}

Now not all vehicles need be beautiful for their purpose. But expensive luxury models shouldn't be ugly.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I took these photos a few months ago at a Ferrari show. It was so close to my house that I walked there. Can you imagine living a few blocks off Rodeo drive at an 80% discount.

DSC_3770.jpg
DSC_3784.jpg
DSC_3804.jpg
DSC_3845_1.jpg

westyjeff

How did this turn into show us your car to show off some of the most expensive cars in the world?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
How did this turn into show us your car to show off some of the most expensive cars in the world?

So sorry, but I though that that these photos were interesting and on topic.

cjfrbw

Wow, you guys have some really cool cars. I have to admit a soft spot for Serge's ZebraCar, though. Strange, when I got to the point that I could afford just about any car I wanted, I lost interest in them and went back to convenience small cars. Also strange, I wound up with two of my favorites after years of Infiniti and Lexus: 2004 Subaru WRX wagon and 2014 Nissan Juke Nismo. My very first car was a 1951 Chevy hand-me-down that my father painted with white house paint, streaks and all.
P1010758.jpg
20160730_110602.gif

OP
W

W2S

I've noticed the older I got the slower I got plus now hate having to work on modern cars just tend to pay for service packs BMW 5 year or 60,000 miles £560 ( Now days kids with laptops think there car mechanics)

When it comes to super cars think I'm a lot like you guy's like too look have a drive but would I want to own one? No to much hassle

When I got the 335D X Drive could of got the M3 or M4 but when you look at the overall package Inc service insurance Road Tax and petrol costs

The 335D is hard package to beat well upto till the UK Government F**K the car industry

335D X Drive 0-60 4.7secs
M3 / M4 0-60 4.3secs

And still get about 45 - 52 miles per gallon when the wifes in the car

Old neighbour has two cars in restoration I'll get some pictures when Ready

Mini Cooper MK1

Jaguar E type convertible MK1 this one he will never sell as was his mums favourite before she passed

This one is special as Steve Mcqeen drove this car around Silverstone and neighbour has magazines showing Steve in the car

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
When it comes to super cars think I'm a lot like you guy's like too look have a drive but would I want to own one? No to much hassle

I suppose it depends on your definition of a super car. Besides, in the US gas (petrol) is cheap.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have lived in Oxfordshire for about 40 years. During that time the traffic density has got so great overtaking is pointless so having a quick car is now pointless/frustrating. I still have a sports car but almost never drive it. I bought a Toyota Prius PHEV last April and it is ideal. Its battery range is over 30 miles so the petrol engine hardly ever runs. I have filled it up 4 times since I bought it 9 months ago. It os roomy, quiet and comfortable and very responsive around town and on our roads. It isn’t ideally suited to motorways but since I hardly ever go on one that isn’t a problem.

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not me on the picture, but we have a similar (electric & motor-assisted) cargo bicycle for our transportation needs, when we need to move stuff around (and an additional bike trailer for the really big stuff). When it's only me that needs to move, I make do with an ordinary bike. So that's my car I guess!

P1000150.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom