• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
A few of the sensors available for real-time monitoring on the new Smartass Camry.

Using OBDLink LX and Toyota Extensions.

1550358271025.png

Last edited:
OP
W

W2S

Saw my Dream car that nearly made me throw up.

Special type of person paints there car Turd brown

IMG-20181031-WA0070.jpg
IMG-20181031-WA0067.jpg

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
'08 Caliber SXT.

People keep on saying Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge is trash, and the Caliber is the trash of the trash. I dunno, ten years and 120 000 km later, the worst I've had is some suspension toe-links and an EVAP sensor. Haven't even done a coolant change since I got the car.

Hope I can get it to chug along for another ten years, at which point I'll buy something like a Charger AWD, if such a thing still exists by then.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

jackenhack

Forum Donor
As I told you guys in an earlier post, I had to sell my Chevy project car when the kids arrived. In now in the final stages of divorce and the kids are all grown up, so I've decided to the middle-aged thing. I'm ordering one of these before summer here in Sweden.

Wonder how long before I install a turbo?

342490_2019_Mazda_MX-5.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
As I told you guys in an earlier post, I had to sell my Chevy project car when the kids arrived. In now in the final stages of divorce and the kids are all grown up, so I've decided to the middle-aged thing. I'm ordering one of these before summer here in Sweden.

Wonder how long before I install a turbo?

View attachment 22093

Never mind the Turbo. Swap to an LS3 V8.

BTW, here is the other of my more modern rides.
Miata 1 sn.jpg

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
An Audi A6 saloon (sedan), 2.0 diesel with a twin clutch auto gearbox in S Line trim.

The positives are it has loads of space for people and luggage (we need a car boot that can swallow the boys ice hockey kit bag and weekend stuff for the four of us), it's nicely appointed with lots of luxury toys and it's a very relaxing cruiser that just wafts along. The engine is very, very quiet and ride very good for an Audi.

The negatives are that the quality is rubbish, a blown gearbox replaced under warranty and a battery terminally failed to be replaced under warranty. The cabin has lots of rattles and the fuel figures woefully optimistic even by the low expectation standard applied to official economy figures. For a car bought new in 2017 and with about 20k miles on the clock it is all very disappointing.

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Saw this MAGA rocket on the latest Car and Driver. The writer wrote that the 911 Turbo S only produced a paltry 580 HP :p (what a great comparison!)

(this post tongue firmly in cheek, I am thinking C7 manual will be my next car)

5dMdssX.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Saw this MAGA rocket on the latest Car and Driver. The writer wrote that the 911 Turbo S only produced a paltry 580 HP :p (what a great comparison!)

(this post tongue firmly in cheek, I am thinking C7 manual will be my next car)

Sick! C7's are heavily discounted now. It might get better. Current supply of new Corvettes is 263 days and they are building 1,000 more per month than are selling. My belief is retooling of Bowling Green is not more than a month or two off.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
30k for a set of tires.
Over 2 tons and 200mph and 1000bhp = special tyres.
Mind you, having spent my whole career designing F1 and CART cars I hate heavy (10kg=0.35 secs per lap in F1, about the same as 20bhp, so mega important) not fashionable in road cars so only the proper sports car makers make light sports cars... the rest tend to be 2 seat limos for rich old blokes whose sole driving talent is mashing the throttle.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Over 2 tons and 200mph and 1000bhp = special tyres.
Mind you, having spent my whole career designing F1 and CART cars I hate heavy (10kg=0.35 secs per lap in F1, about the same as 20bhp, so mega important) not fashionable in road cars so only the proper sports car makers make light sports cars... the rest tend to be 2 seat limos for rich old blokes whose sole driving talent is mashing the throttle.

I've never even seen a Bugatti. That's in a city where trophy cars abound and in an area where they are most likely to be seen. At least I don't have to worry about ever owning one.

Top Bottom