• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Both AWD :)
View attachment 210839
And because it's audio forum, here are some details:
Mazda:
  • has a system from Bose with 12 speakers
  • Mazda says they designed the speakers with Bose from early phase to optimize speaker placement (bass speakers are not in the doors like many cars but under the dash to reduce vibrations; some other cars like Mercedes S Class did the same)
  • there is a subwoover in the truck
  • Bose hasn't specified any details on the speaker output but more details could be found here
  • it only has Bass/Treble tuning on EQ

View attachment 210841
BMW:
  • has a Harman Kardon with 16 speakers (in some places I've seen it has a class D 600W amp and other places, 464W)
  • subwoofers are under the front seats and size is 217mm
  • mid speakers are 100mm and tweeters are 26mm
  • BMW has a EQ with 7-8 bands but it doesn't have enough fine tuning to be able to make more granural adjustments

View attachment 210840
Nice cars but the foliage in the pic looks fantastic. Wonderful camera, springtime green or just luck? :D

NOTE: I just noticed a circular polarizer filter was not used. Could be even better. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! end of May, iPhone 11 Pro.
That iPhone 11 Pro must be a handful of a phone. Good specs. I was tossing around going for a Samsung S22 Ultra but I can't stomach walking around for years holding a super expensive cel tel in my hand or pocket. But if I where to go for it I would go there. My desktop is a new performance box and I use the notebook for office personal stuff so from a new cel tel I expect a superb display readable in sunlight, high resolution, high frame rate/sec, water and debris resistance etc etc and a wicked camera with excellent video. One of the members here at ASR was commenting yesterday I think it was saying that DSLR cameras will be replaced by cel tels in 2 years. I don't know much about DSLRs but cel tels are pretty good right now. So that camera shot you got is excellent. Just need's a circular polarizer filter to make the car windows see through and not reflective. I can't see putting one on a cel tel because of the complexity and size of this stuff. Too fragile.

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
View attachment 210839
Mazda:
  • Mazda says they designed the speakers with Bose from early phase to optimize speaker placement (bass speakers are not in the doors like many cars but under the dash to reduce vibrations; some other cars like Mercedes S Class did the same)
  • Bose hasn't specified any details on the speaker output but more details could be found here

View attachment 210841
BMW:
  • has a Harman Kardon with 16 speakers (in some places I've seen it has a class D 600W amp and other places, 464W)
  • BMW has a EQ with 7-8 bands but it doesn't have enough fine tuning to be able to make more granural adjustments

View attachment 210840
Soul Red - The BEST color!

iulianm

Thanks. I also have a camera (Canon Rp) but I found myself not to carry it with me that much. I've got a small 50mm lenses with me but most of the time is the mobile phone.
All the photos bellow except three are with the phone (the ones with the interior and the early morning Mazda ones with 50mm lenses, the day I've received the lenses).
IMG_6452.jpegkqduojmhn2u71.jpeghbw4numl6x781.jpeghb51lkmhn2u71.jpg
4iht52gp3tj81.jpg482cjaw7hvl81.jpgIMG_3189.jpeg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. I also have a camera (Canon Rp) but I found myself not to carry it with me that much because it's too heavy.
I've got a small 50mm lenses with me but most of the time is the mobile phone.
All the photos bellow except two (the one with the interior and the early morning Mazda ones with 50mm lenses, the day I've received the lenses) with the phone.
View attachment 210847View attachment 210848View attachment 210849View attachment 210850
View attachment 210851View attachment 210852
You definitely know the angles. Perhaps taken a camera study or studied drafting etc?

agiletiger

AE84F4B5-1030-46BD-939E-4E61A250D1F5.jpeg
View attachment 210839
And because it's audio forum, here are some
BMW:

View attachment 210840
I have a 2019 530e Xdrive with the same audio system. I’ve been tweaking it ever since I got it in November. Perhaps we can exchange notes. Still not as good as the system I put in my previous car, 2009 Nissan Altima:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS - Three Burr Brown DAC chips, time alignment and auto EQ with included calibration mic.
Zapco four channel amp
All speakers replaced with Polk Audio speakers - mix of component and coaxial.

iulianm

You definitely know the angles. Perhaps taken a camera study or studied drafting etc?
Thanks. Sometimes I'm trying to capture more to be in a photo but that's the best I have, nothing more :D

I’ve been tweaking it ever since I got it in November.
I've been doing the same. I've measured both systems with REW and UMIK-1 but couldn't get anything better out of them as even changing the microphone position just by a couple of inches, there's a completely different result.

I feel that the system in BMW sounds very different based on the volume; sometimes it makes me wonder if the amp is sending power to the subwoofers as I don't feel I get a consistent output and I find myself after raising and lowering the volume that I get a different sound (dunno if that LOGIC7 processing is doing funky stuff).
Some folks reported their amp was faulty and they got a new one but now, with the chip shortage, they don't even put H&K on 3-Series anymore (just base system).

agiletiger

Thanks. Sometimes I'm trying to capture more to be in a photo but that's the best I have, nothing more :D

I've been doing the same. I've measured both systems with REW and UMIK-1 but couldn't get anything better out of them as even changing the microphone position just by a couple of inches, there's a completely different result.

I feel that the system in BMW sounds very different based on the volume; sometimes it makes me wonder if the amp is sending power to the subwoofers as I don't feel I get a consistent output and I find myself after raising and lowering the volume that I get a different sound (dunno if that LOGIC7 processing is doing funky stuff).
Some folks reported their amp was faulty and they got a new one but now, with the chip shortage, they don't even put H&K on 3-Series anymore (just base system).
I turn off LOGIC7 for music and turn it back on for podcasts. That has helped somewhat.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
Wishing you many happy miles! My father recently traded in his 2013 for a new one, and in all those years the only problem he had was a changeover valve failing (in the sport exhaust, I think?). There might have been a recall. Otherwise, rock solid car!!

Midnight Audiophile

Hi All

What car do you have or previous owned

Older the Better
I had a couple of '66 Mustangs, Both 289, coupe was 3-speed manual, convertible was 4-speed manual. I had '84 Supra, a '74 RX-3, '90 Maxima. BMWs are my fav though. I've had a '84 733i, '95 525i, '02 330ci:

IMG_2947.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_1143.jpg
IMG_1158.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_3220.jpg

Hit a deer going about 85 mph on that one. Sent him sailing like a football kickoff. I drive them hard lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 38

norcalscott

Forum Donor
I just purchased this 2013 Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet. Having it shipped from out of state. It should be in my garage soon.
View attachment 221118
(picture of it being inspected)

Martin
Beautiful! That's one of my dream cars to own.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beautiful! That's one of my dream cars to own.

I've wanted a 911 since my father's best friend let me drive his 1978 911 SC when I was 19 years old. I've wanted a black one since soon after that I caught sight of a black 930 on the Sepulveda pass while commuting from the valley to UCLA. I've wanted another convertible since losing my 2007 Mustang GT convertible in the 2008 global financial crisis. Acquiring this car is fulfilling a lifelong dream.

Martin

Last edited:

Dumdum

View attachment 210839
Mazda:

View attachment 210841
BMW:

View attachment 210840
The Mazda is a good layout, can’t say I’ve heard one as yet… the bmw hk system is lack lustre at best, for less than the upgrade price you can have a full match system with fully customisable dsp amplifier, all in factory locations that will sound far superior, just in case your contemplating chopping it in for new, don’t pay for hk

Top Bottom