• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The airbags have been changed.
I would have asked for the replaced parts and would have gotten the replaced squib ready for July 4th fireworks somehow....:D

Dean Palmer

Here is my Ferrari F430 Spider. Upgraded audio of course!
IMG_7749.JPG

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is my Ferrari F430 Spider. Upgraded audio of course!
View attachment 271682
Which transmission?

Also, what has always topped me from getting an exotic is fear of damage from driving. Do you actually take it anywhere to drive quickly? All the fun, twisty roads around here are always strewn with gravel and worse, so every nice car becomes not so nice pretty quickly.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Which transmission?

Also, what has always topped me from getting an exotic is fear of damage from driving. Do you actually take it anywhere to drive quickly? All the fun, twisty roads around here are always strewn with gravel and worse, so every nice car becomes not so nice pretty quickly.
That's a trick question that invites an answer similar to "If you have to ask the price...":facepalm:
Have you heard about the Ferrari Challenge Cup?

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a trick question that invites an answer similar to "If you have to ask the price...":facepalm:
Have you heard about the Ferrari Challenge Cup?
Yes. People doing factory Ferrari track racing aren't in old 430s though.
If I was going to spend Ferrari money on racing, I'd rather get a real race car than a modified street car. Something Formula.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes. People doing factory Ferrari track racing aren't in old 430s though.
If I was going to spend Ferrari money on racing, I'd rather get a real race car than a modified street car. Something Formula.
There is such a thing as Vintage racing series and not just limited to the United States.
202303_Vintage.png

Those track suites don't look half as old as these classics.:)

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ferrari Challenge upgrades the cars every few years. The used challenge cars are probably the cheapest Ferrari one can by, but they cannot be legally driven on the road.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is such a thing as Vintage racing series and not just limited to the United States.
View attachment 271747
Those track suites don't look half as old as these classics.:)
I've been to some of those. I've seen people racing cars pretty hard that I wouldn't even dare think of putting on the track unless no one else was on it. One of the neater things is to get a pit pass. Lots of people are happy to let you look at and talk to them about their cars. Yet it is good to see them still used on a track.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It used to be the GTC4Lusso that was the lusty Ferrari for me... until the new 2024 Purosangue was introduced.
It should be the first centerfold in the new Playboy magazine!

The first 308GTB I laid eyes on (mid '70s) got me hooked.
Ever since, I have always been a tightwad fan (wannabe tifosi), who just roots for Ferrari Formula1 team.
'On any Sunday...' but only if Ferrari wins an F1 race, I hang my ratty-old (but official) Ferrari flag in the front yard.:cool:

Last edited:

Dean Palmer

Which transmission?

F1 trans, upgraded headers, carbon ceramic brakes, every option minus the carbon engine panels as they were known to yellow. We have limited twisties here in Tampa Bay, and potholes are the current enemy. Gets driven around town and sometimes beyond. I've owned a 360 and driven many others including the newest, but this one is my keeper.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
View attachment 271487‘76 Datsun 280z with a single turbo RB30 block, 25 head, Nissan 350z 6-speed manual transmission, Ford 8.8 rear end, and some more fun stuff. Started with a bare metal shell. Still a long way to go, but a hell of a learning experience. Feel free to follow along.
One of my used-to-be-close friends has one of these. I helped him extensively with it when he put it together the first time. Unfortunately he became an ass in the recent years and turned his back on his friends. His car was a 74? 260z, Fully Built RB25 w/ Dry Sump + Drilled Block & Head, HX40 Turbo, T56 Magnum, Ford 8.8 Rear. He made over 500WHP like 7 years ago. Who knows if he will ever dyno or even drive it now that he decided this girl will be his life.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Not so!
For even cheaper, OBD-II dongles for phones w/a app also exist.
But most will not (and legally[?] NOT allowed to) reset vehicle "safety level" errors.
The one I used was a 'rental' selling at MannyMoe&Jack' for $249.

Here is a nice Secret. You only get 1 brand for free for life, so if you own multiple car brands you pay $20/year per additional brand. This does EVERYTHING and reads EVERY MODULE of your car. Same as a dealer scanner.
Don't ever talk about anything LEGAL again, our government is a criminal enterprise. Do what you like within moral reason. If your state has made it "illegal" for you to reset your oil light or such, then flip them the bird and do your own work anyway.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Here is a nice Secret. You only get 1 brand for free for life, so if you own multiple car brands you pay $20/year per additional brand. This does EVERYTHING and reads EVERY MODULE of your car. Same as a dealer scanner.
Don't ever talk about anything LEGAL again, our government is a criminal enterprise. Do what you like within moral reason. If your state has made it "illegal" for you to reset your oil light or such, then flip them the bird and do your own work anyway.
Yes, a like, All US sold cars have a 'so called 'black box" tracking device since it became mandatory on 2014. The higher end cars (such as my 2012 Lexus E350 have had them since as early as 2011. I recommend looking into it. As 2 a $70 diagnostic tool? Well, I think that may get ou started in getting some things done. But spending about 4X more on the diagnostic tool reaps big benefits. Happy Tuning!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
These two ScanGauges sit on the top of the dash and connect to the cars OBDII port.
Any 4 of 66 different parameters of the OBD data can be displayed.
*You know? Things like THD, SINAD, IMD but for a 6.0 liter. ;)
202303_GTO-ScanGauges.png

HP/Torque on the Master(L) and Pings/Knocks on the Slave(R), for local driving.
Left 2 LEDs for imminent redline and 1 Right LED for >100MPH; the 2nd Right LED for TransTemp.
*You know? Things like VU meters but for go fast toys.
They definitely are not meant as eye-candy and never will require a software update.;)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Yes, a like, All US sold cars have a 'so called 'black box" tracking device since it became mandatory on 2014. The higher end cars (such as my 2012 Lexus E350 have had them since as early as 2011. I recommend looking into it. As 2 a $70 diagnostic tool? Well, I think that may get ou started in getting some things done. But spending about 4X more on the diagnostic tool reaps big benefits. Happy Tuning!
Just wipe the box. It doesn't store much memory. Only in a collision it stores the previous few seconds. If you reset the airbag system then it also resets the box. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to you for resetting your system. I reprogrammed my entire airbag system myself with this little tool + a Foxwell NT804.
Fun fact is that this little tool has more options than the NT804 but since my car is technically a Holden; the "Chevy" software didn't have all the options and I wasn't about to pay another $20 for the Holden software.
I also will disclose that in working to review products for Amazon; I have tested just about every major OBD2 dongle and scanner / diagnostic device from $89 to $400 with a few at $1000+.

You will be surprised to learn that the $1000+ units like Foxwell GT86 don't really have more reprogramming features for most regular OBD2 vehicles than this Autel Dongle. And the Autel $750 box doesn't really have any more features either. It just is a standalone unit and works with every brand, has every connector and has customer databases and stuff where scans can all be stored and put on a pc even for customer records.
These two ScanGauges sit on the top of the dash and connect to the cars OBDII port.
Any 4 of 66 different parameters of the OBD data can be displayed.
*You know? Things like THD, SINAD, IMD but for a 6.0 liter. ;)
View attachment 271854
HP/Torque on the Master(L) and Pings/Knocks on the Slave(R), for local driving.
Left 2 LEDs for imminent redline and 1 Right LED for >100MPH; the 2nd Right LED for TransTemp.
*You know? Things like VU meters but for go fast toys.
They definitely are not meant as eye-candy and never will require a software update.;)
Those things are sweet and not too much money. Unfortunately my actual race car is OBD1 :(
I have thought about one of these for my SS though.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just wipe the box. It doesn't store much memory. Only in a collision it stores the previous few seconds. If you reset the airbag system then it also resets the box. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to you for resetting your system. I reprogrammed my entire airbag system myself with this little tool + a Foxwell NT804.
Fun fact is that this little tool has more options than the NT804 but since my car is technically a Holden; the "Chevy" software didn't have all the options and I wasn't about to pay another $20 for the Holden software.
I also will disclose that in working to review products for Amazon; I have tested just about every major OBD2 dongle and scanner / diagnostic device from $89 to $400 with a few at $1000+.

You will be surprised to learn that the $1000+ units like Foxwell GT86 don't really have more reprogramming features for most regular OBD2 vehicles than this Autel Dongle. And the Autel $750 box doesn't really have any more features either. It just is a standalone unit and works with every brand, has every connector and has customer databases and stuff where scans can all be stored and put on a pc even for customer records.

Those things are sweet and not too much money. Unfortunately my actual race car is OBD1 :(
Finally, some people here with positive information about cars. I was beginning to think that innovation in this arena was dying.

And how

How Koenigsegg's Tiny Engine Makes 600 Horsepower - Only 3 Cylinders!​

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The two 'AeroForce-Interceptors' on top of the dash (previous photo) cost me ~$500 decade ago... great ROI.
They are customized per the exact vehicle year/model you declare during purchase.
It has built-in (but rudimentary set of) OBDII error-reset functionality... like the $50 versions @Sal1950 referenced.:p
There are also many other utilitarian gizmos for weak-kneed garage tinkerers (=me) and tuners alike.
202303_DiabloSportPredaotr.png

I also use the original version of this DiabloSport Predator (now Holley owned) which connects to the same OBDII port and allows remapping the LS2 GM engine, like nobody's business!
The tweaks that can be done to improve engine performance really does not even need a dyno; because you can actually feel it in your rump, as well as under your right foot.
Of course, during the warranty period, you must re-map the engine back to OEM (default) level, before you dare to take it to the dealer...:eek:

Finally, some people here with positive information about cars.
Isn't that a bit rude????

Jimster480

Major Contributor
The two 'AeroForce-Interceptors' on top of the dash (previous photo) cost me ~$500 decade ago... great ROI.
They are customized per the exact vehicle year/model you declare during purchase.
It has built-in (but rudimentary set of) OBDII error-reset functionality... like the $50 versions @Sal1950 referenced.:p
There are also many other utilitarian gizmos for weak-kneed garage tinkerers (=me) and tuners alike.
View attachment 271953
I also use the original version of this DiabloSport Predator (now Holley owned) which connects to the same OBDII port and allows remapping the LS2 GM engine, like nobody's business!
The tweaks that can be done to improve engine performance really does not even need a dyno; because you can actually feel it in your rump, as well as under your right foot.
Of course, during the warranty period, you must re-map the engine back to OEM (default) level, before you dare to take it to the dealer...:eek:

Isn't that a bit rude????
Yep I looked at those gauges. glad to know they last so long! I think I will buy one now.
I have a Diablosport also but mine is a much newer one as the older ones don't work on my 2017 SS. However my car is tuned with HPTuners now vs the original Diablosport tune.

Top Bottom