• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I hate chicken unless it's Southern Fried (and even then I only like the dark meat). In China they have been told that the dark meat is healthier, that the oiliness is essential to a human's well being. The truth is that there is very little difference nutritionally between the 2.
As to venison, it makes great chili, spaghettis, sausage, burgers, etc. I usually mix a bit of pork or bacon in with mine. I'd rather eat any wild meat than any meat grown for the supermarket.
But, on average, out of all the wild animals, the deer have eaten more GMO stuff than any other. It's a giant experiment by big agriculture.
Maybe not any better for us than super market non-organic chicken.
I ate hobby farmed raised beef, pork, chicken, ducks, geese and turkeys. The veterinarian came around sometimes to check on stuff for us but I near never saw him inject or prescribe any medications. It took a bit of getting used to store bought eggs and chickens and the meat was not as tasty I think. All of the animals had fresh cut green grass to eat near everyday in the green months and green pasture was provided for the cow, heifer and steer, the pigs ate what we couldn't and the chickens the same. Now that I'm adjusted to store bought I just spice the heck out of my meat. Lots of basil for pork, beef and birds with rosemary for pork roasts, salt, pepper etc and even cumin.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
I hate chicken unless it's Southern Fried (and even then I only like the dark meat). In China they have been told that the dark meat is healthier, that the oiliness is essential to a human's well being. The truth is that there is very little difference nutritionally between the 2.
As to venison, it makes great chili, spaghettis, sausage, burgers, etc. I usually mix a bit of pork or bacon in with mine. I'd rather eat any wild meat than any meat grown for the supermarket.
But, on average, out of all the wild animals, the deer have eaten more GMO stuff than any other. It's a giant experiment by big agriculture.
Maybe not any better for us than super market non-organic chicken.
We prefer Guinea Fowl to chicken although free range chicken is flavoursome. The deer around here don’t eat GMO vegetation there isn’t any. The Muntjac around here eat most anything including my Camellia flowers.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If the road kill deer is viable for human consumption, it gets taken to a local butcher that does wildlife (we have several here) & then is donated to the soup kitchen for those who are down & out. Many times they eat better than I do.
Yes, I wondered about this too; that is feeding it to the homeless and hungry. There is some disease circulating in the deer population. Chronic wasting disease. From what I was told by the dog owner his dogs are not affected. I think the deer are off limits for human consumption atm. :D

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I wondered about this too; that is feeding it to the homeless and hungry. There is some disease circulating in the deer population. Chronic wasting disease. From what I was told by the dog owner his dogs are not affected. I think the deer are off limits for human consumption atm. :D
Yes, some mad cow disease type thing got into some of the deer in certain areas. As near as I can tell, in the cows it started with the things that the farmers were sold to cause the cows to get bigger, faster. Stuff that would not be normally in their diet. (greedy AG food companies again). Probably some of the deer ate some of that & had the same reaction that cows did. Ground up bone seems to be one of the bad ingredients.
Don't know for sure. But I avoid supermarket food when I can have natural wild food.
PS. All the meats I have had in Europe & Thailand taste better than American meats. Not so much with many other countries (don't want to name names, too many folks will say that I should have eaten in certain places in their country & I would have gotten better food. That would make me sad that I had missed out on their best food & then I would have to start figuring out how to afford to go there again.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
22051072_10212391834384698_7428808024098697843_o.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, some mad cow disease type thing got into some of the deer in certain areas. As near as I can tell, in the cows it started with the things that the farmers were sold to cause the cows to get bigger, faster. Stuff that would not be normally in their diet. (greedy AG food companies again). Probably some of the deer ate some of that & had the same reaction that cows did. Ground up bone seems to be one of the bad ingredients.
Don't know for sure. But I avoid supermarket food when I can have natural wild food.
I'm getting a wild boar roast tomorrow. Looking forward to that. I'll make sure I get a fatty one if possible. :D

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, at least we have Count Basie's car.

I once got a triple kill on a family of racoons. I kept the tufts of fur in my bumper for a year as trophies. I've ragdolled a deer on a Spark EV, but it was leased and I had the extra insurance. I have sideswiped a buck with the FRS and lovetapped a doe with a RAV4. It didn't even get knocked over.

Squirrels use me for suicide.

Then there's...

oppossum, oppossum
your brains made a blossom
as my fender tossed 'em
all over the road

and now you are dead
and the buzzards are fed
but since my fender's red
none of your blood has showed

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
PS. All the meats I have had in Europe & Thailand taste better than American meats. Not so much with many other countries (don't want to name names, too many folks will say that I should have eaten in certain places in their country & I would have gotten better food. That would make me sad that I had missed out on their best food & then I would have to start figuring out how to afford to go there again.
Think US cattle are injected with growth hormones, maybe that’s the reason? Some supermarkets over here sell Venison we only buy it from them if it’s labelled as coming from wild stock. In our village most are in comers from cities, there are Apple and pear trees scattered around here perfectly good fruit in season yet they let them fall and rot. So much naturally good food going to waste, they prefer to buy fruit filled with preservative chemicals, shipped from faraway countries.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Alright! I ordered a kg tenderloin of wild boar. @ $37.10/kg it is not cheap. The leg is @ ~$26/kg but they only sell a leg piece at about 3kg in size. I pick up the order tomorrow. All orders are a day in advance. :D I'm so excited. Must eat wild boars!

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Deer are one of the major hazards around here as well.
Also in Pennsylvania. I know a lot of people who've experienced that the hard way, including myself.

Once, I was riding shotgun when I saw a doe coming down the hill on the right. Luckily, my father did not respond promptly when I yelled, and the deer dented my door instead of getting in front of the car. If the window had been down, I could have caught it by the ears.

In the '80s, my aunt & uncle hit a deer while driving home from the body shop after last week's deer collision. Of course, they earned it by living in Bucks County.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Alright! I ordered a kg tenderloin of wild boar. @ $37.10/kg it is not cheap. The leg is @ ~$26/kg but they only sell a leg piece at about 3kg in size. I pick up the order tomorrow. All orders are a day in advance. :D I'm so excited. Must eat wild boars!
Enjoy!

sleezybeezy

Here we go boys. I have quite the eccentric taste. Just a few someone recent pics I dug up. Goes from sensible to bat shit insane. Pic dump inbound. Only a scattered assortment of what I am into. Lots of old German cars and Jeep XJs lol. I also race clapped out cars in an awesome ammeter racing league called HooptieX. Most fun you can ever have behind the wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_173602.jpg
    IMG_20180929_173602.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 91
  • FB_IMG_1617017534068.jpg
    FB_IMG_1617017534068.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200330_175642.jpg
    IMG_20200330_175642.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20190529_202617.jpg
    IMG_20190529_202617.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20180517_151104.jpg
    IMG_20180517_151104.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200905_102346.jpg
    IMG_20200905_102346.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20200913_120937.jpg
    IMG_20200913_120937.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20210907_180207.jpg
    IMG_20210907_180207.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20220502_020903162.jpg
    PXL_20220502_020903162.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 84

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Here we go boys. I have quite the eccentric taste. Just a few someone recent pics I dug up. Goes from sensible to bat shit insane. Pic dump inbound. Only a scattered assortment of what I am into. Lots of old German cars and Jeep XJs lol. I also race clapped out cars in an awesome ammeter racing league called HooptieX. Most fun you can ever have behind the wheel.
Love the Mad Max look on the 500 SEL.

TulseLuper

Forum Donor
Amazing collection. Have you seen the weird cars thread?

Top Bottom