• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

pocoloco

hey there! Amazing bike right? I bought mine used 5 years ago. $7k. 3.5 sec 0-60. 10sec quarter mile. Tears up corners. Good times. Motorcycle equivalent to a topping D50s.

Psyber

Hey mate i know!I bought mine new same time almost.11k Euros.But 3.2 secs for 0-60.:p
Amazing geometry and lovely track day bike.Ripping corners and brakes like an anchor.
Dunno much about Topping yet.Ordered yesterday a DX3 Pro v2 unit so im eagerely waiting.Joined you guys pretty recently!
Cheers and stay safe !!

Kouioui

Forum Donor
Swapping Hondas every 3 years just doesn't seem right. Seems you should drive them at least 150,000 if not 200,000 miles. Those years without payments of any kind sure are nice.

But I get it, nice to have a new car every few years. I like the color you have chosen there.
Honda's engineering and reliability are legendary and one has been in the family since 1975. 17 years bumper to bumper warranty coverage, no service bills during that time, and low depreciation keeps the payment down. Latest safety features are important to me. Leasing doesn't make financial sense to most people, that much I agree with. It's my one thing I indulge in as a retired person on a fixed income. Driving something I know will get me where I need to go and home again with the least hassle gives me great satisfaction.

It's been quite some time since I've had anything but white, grey, or black vehicles but that Still Night Pearl Blue on the Sport models does stand out. We'll see how it holds up to the FL sun and elements in 2023. Maybe Honda will have a fully electric solution by then and I'll buy one and keep it until I'm too old to drive.

TimF

Forum Donor
It has a certain immediacy.

Attachments

• P1000029 aa.jpg
    P1000029 aa.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 142

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Maybe Honda will have a fully electric solution by then and I'll buy one and keep it until I'm too old to drive.

No problem. It will likely drive itself.

But at advanced age you might not remember where you sent it, so be careful of that.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But at advanced age you might not remember where you sent it, so be careful of that.
There will be an app for that.

I just want a car that can drive me home from a pub, for when pubs are a thing again.

carlob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Years ago I stopped buying fast motorbikes (most of them were Ducati). If I have a fast bike I will go fast and my reflexes are not the same anymore but I still manage to go fast with cars, at least on track. I’ve got an Harley Davidson just because is slow and I like it.

A800

4P9ymtV.jpg

Twitch54

No idea what the "inspiration" was... but it had to be the same as whatever they were thinking with the Cuda AAR since they're identical. Likely something having to do with Trans Am competition. But then again I'm definitely not a "Mopar guy" in fact completely the opposite.

for the record the the 'Cuda and the Challenger are NOT identical, the Dodge is slightly longer. Think Mustang vs. Cougar. Obviously not many Mopar aficionados here in so far as my question on the T/A Challengers hood scoop.......... underbelly intake of a P51d Mustang.

Moving on, pic of Trq Thrust II's on my C2 ............

Vette wheel.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
for the record the the 'Cuda and the Challenger are NOT identical, the Dodge is slightly longer. Think Mustang vs. Cougar. Obviously not many Mopar aficionados here in so far as my question on the T/A Challengers hood scoop.......... underbelly intake of a P51d Mustang.

Moving on, pic of Trq Thrust II's on my C2 ............

View attachment 60597
Come on now, you can't give us that picture of your C2 without giving us a picture of the whole car. It just isn't right. You've got the right color and lake pipes, now show us the rest. :)

Twitch54

Maybe you did. It doesn't hurt to see it again. Beautiful car you have there. My dad had a '67 427 in black once though it was a Stingray rather than convertible.

For the record, they were ALL 'Sting Ray' regardless of cpe or convertible. also, it didn't become one word (Stingray) until the C3.

HemiRick

for the record the the 'Cuda and the Challenger are NOT identical, the Dodge is slightly longer.

The Challenger is 2 inches longer than the Baracuda its in the rear footwell, or space between rear tire tire and door jamb.

I'm a huge Mopar Nut and have 8 of them. (5) 70's Challengers, 1 is a vert. A 68 Charger w a 528 Hemi and a 68 Coronet R/T w a 440 magnum. The 8th is a 81 W250 Pickup. I also have many other cars...A 70 VW camper bus, 70 Datsun 240Z, 63 Falcon Ranchero and a 89 5.0 Mustang and a 65 MGB Midget.....
DSCF0039.JPG

Both these cars still wear their factory paint.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
That's a fantastic mopar collection.

My first car was a 69' Charger with the 318... wish I still had it, but that's nothing like what you've got going on there!

That's a lot of American Muscle right there...and the VW camper is just cool...

q3cpma

Major Contributor
'bout engines... more air yes! I am not an engineer, but I'd like to remind of a trick from motorbike world. 2-stroke engine benefit hugely of tuned "powerpipes" or resonating compression chambers in exhaust. But the latest RR 500cc engines were really difficult to drive, I've been told. Racing boat engines had adjustable mid-chamber length to change tuning - the driver had a pedal for that for left foot, right was for throttle.

sno-x20306_03-250.jpg

Ducati has long tradition of springless 4-stroke valve operation - Desmodromic also on street bikes.
040697a9298cd0d3d4600141b264e6bb.jpg

Nitrogen oxide and compressors/turbos are also used to increase oxygen intake..

ps. My previous BMW X3 3.0si had N53 200kW, a 3 liter straight six with double VANOS adjustable valve timing - red line at 7000rpm. A really complex and troublesome engine... but the most powerful free-breathing six.
You sure it's not the first NSX-R (201 kW, before they switched to a 3.2 L)? When it comes to powerful NA engines, I always think Honda, due to their B engine serie.

Last edited:

HemiRick

That's a fantastic mopar collection.

My first car was a 69' Charger with the 318... wish I still had it, but that's nothing like what you've got going on there!

That's a lot of American Muscle right there...and the VW camper is just cool...

I've been avoiding replying to this thread.....huge can of worms....The 68 Charger was my 1st car it had a 318 for many years then a 440 and since about 2000 the Hemi.
Crate1.jpg

The Hemi in its crate right after I got it in the 63 Ranchero.

Trouble Maker

I like a broad reasonably flat torque curve for street cars. Not hard to find in most modern cars. Power scales pretty well with rpm. I think of some odd cars in this regard I found not fully satisfying.

One is the early version of the Honda S2000. 10,000 rpm red line and max power that was very good for engine size. The V-tech variable valve timing however, changed and torque along with power jumped about 20% right at 6000 rpm. So it felt a little anemic below that. Which could encourage you to drive it more aggressively (and it was too fast to do that safely often). The later version was 8500 rpm redline and still had a bump around 5 or 6k rpm, but was more powerful below that range than the early S2000. So you didn't feel the need to thrash it just to keep up with econocar traffic starting off from traffic lights. Also the early version S2000 was too tail happy.

I do personally really like broad flat torque curves (e.g. turbocharged cars) for daily driven cars. Having owned a 2001 S2000, 'AP1' (1999-2003) S2000 with the 2.0L engine that goes to 9,000 rpms for a few years, for a toy secondary car it's not as big of a deal. I honestly thought it was going to be a bigger deal that what it is. You just adjust where you shift e.g. instated of shifting at 3krpm for normal driving, you just shift at 5krpm or spirited driving instead of shifting at 4krpm you shift at 6-7krpm. I didn't even have to think about it, it just happened. I've also driven enough other S2000s to say that the differences in the engine are not that drastic, either way. The suspension changes you alluded to are a bigger deal. Yes, the early cars can definitely be a bit much for less experienced drivers, especially if people drove them on a damp/cold day. Even with my experience I definitely prefer the later cars. A 'race preped' S2000 with CR (club racer, later car) suspension is to this day one of the most balanced easy to drive at the limit cars I've ever driven. The difference in the engines and gearing is a <10% difference, noticeable but not really that huge. The suspension as well as wheel/tire and later addition of drive by wire & VSA (2006 and later) are a bigger difference for most drivers. There are also styling differences as well as getting a newer usually more expensive car VS an older and less expensive car. The later cars have a smaller glass window VS earlier plastic window, but most of them have been replaced by this point or if not are ripped and leaking (not just the window but the top itself). A previous owner to my car installed a new top with glass window. So, there are many small differences to consider and the engine is just one of them.

I thought this site that I found was pretty cool, you can compare cars and it will even 'simulate' acceleration differences.
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/curve/2003/1129790/honda_s2000.html
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/curve/2006/1129625/honda_s2000.html

2003 on left, 2006 on right.
1587946810603.png

Car a is 2003, b is 2006
1587947052281.png

And I did a compare of HP/TQ curves since it does not directly do that.

Yellow 2003, orange 2006.

1587947093422.png

This shows almost no difference for 0-60 or 1/4 mi. times either.
https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/honda-0-60-mph-times/

The other is the goofy 1981 Turbo Trans Am. Turbocharged 4.9 liter V8. And it was redlined at 4500 rpm. So it had gobs of torque and power if you floored it, but just when its getting good, boom you run out of rpm(and boost) and either shift or the driving power isn't increasing at all. Almost the opposite of the early S2000.

I personally think the late 80s Turbo Trans Ams are more interesting, with a similar engine to the Turbo Regals/Grand Nationals. :)
But, I have a soft spot for those cars/engines; GNs, Turbo Reglas, LC2 engine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom