• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

digicidal

Major Contributor
Sorry to say the RC-F is a dog. I considered a Lexus for the first time and the interior and handling were just confusing.

Its not fast enough for a track and its not comfortable enough as a GT.
My wife and I both found the RC-F it to be quite comfortable actually... much better than the Cayman, G37S, and 350Z (my previous 3 cars). In fact, the Cayman was so bad I actually used the 5 day return policy for it and bought the RC-F instead. On the handling and acceleration however, I completely agree... go figure you can't weld 3 different cars together and have it feel natural (or nimble) in any way. :rolleyes: The Supra seats got high WAF points as well, possibly slightly higher even... plus with the adaptive suspension it's way less irritating at lower speeds... the RC used to shake your teeth out at anything under 65mph - felt fantastic at 130+ however. Unfortunately, outside of a speedway oval, there's very few opportunities for that without risking impound, an evening in jail, and loss of license. :confused:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks, people have been telling me that for a long time. But really, it's 2 Yamaha Road Stars. Had a Road King a long time ago, but life got in the way and I had to sell it.
Ah, on the 02 Roadie pic you leg is in the way of the engine and the saddlebags and seats are perfect knock-offs of HD parts. ;)

MRC01

Major Contributor
The most fun car I owned was a 2000 Panoz Roadster. 2400 lbs, 330 HP, 4-corner balanced. Great for autocrossing, classed in A modified with the shifter carts. Aluminum frame & body panels, no locks on the doors, no side windows, no spare tire, no ABS, no airbags, no bumpers, no chambered mufflers. But street legal fun.

panoz1.jpg

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Ah, on the 02 Roadie pic you leg is in the way of the engine and the saddlebags and seats are perfect knock-offs of HD parts. ;)
Actually, they are HD saddlebags that a friend gave to me and I fabbed steel tube mounts for the bags. If you look closely you'll notice HD wouldn't sell me a set of locks for the bags w/o an HD vin #

digicidal

Major Contributor
The most fun car I owned was a 2000 Panoz Roadster. 2400 lbs, 330 HP, 4-corner balanced. Great for autocrossing, classed in A modified with the shifter carts. Aluminum frame & body panels, no locks on the doors, no side windows, no spare tire, no ABS, no airbags, no bumpers, no chambered mufflers. But street legal fun.

View attachment 45066
I bet that thing is ridiculously fun to drive! :D

Juhazi

Major Contributor

Hmm, I got today a rather good "early bird" offer for updating my -07 X3 3.0si to -20 X3 PHEV. Makes me think... The first show of this car is open (Feb?), but they are selling them already, the first batch to be imported...

The MB's luggage volume is incredibly small, almost useless for a car of this size. Tne XC60 is front-wheel drive basically, which makes it "heavy" on groovy white winter roads... Q5 must be checked too...

Last edited:

MRC01

Major Contributor
I bet that thing is ridiculously fun to drive! :D
Yah, that was the goal. As an SCCA enthusiast I was an instructor on teaching days for new drivers so I got to drive many interesting cars. The Panoz was the most fun of all of them, like a cross between a Lotus/Caterham 7 and a Shelby Cobra. It was all about cornering & acceleration though, not top speed, since it has terrible aerodyanmics and I had the alignment tuned for autocross so the handling got darty above 100 mph.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm, I got today a rather good "early bird" offer for updating my -07 X3 3.0si to -20 X3 PHEV. Makes me think... The first show of this car is open (Feb?), but they are selling them already, the first batch to be imported...

The MB's luggage volume is incredibly small, almost useless for a car of this size. Tne XC60 is front-wheel drive basically, which makes it "heavy" on groovy white winter roads... A5 must be checked too...

The Volvo S60 T8 PHEV has very impressive specifications if it is within budget. I have only driven the regular petrol version but it was nice to drive with a lovely interior and pretty practical. Well loaded with luxurious toys too. The T8 PHEV is seriously quick and with a decent battery range.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Those are very cool US designed & built sportcars running small block Ford V8's. I'd love to take a drive in one!!! "Aluminum frame & body panels, no locks on the doors, no side windows, no spare tire, no ABS, no airbags, no bumpers, no chambered mufflers." A real car not some computer controlled modern POS. ;)
Too bad those morons at the Daimler owned Chrysler/Plymouth tried to copy it but stuck in a lame 200HP V6, they just don't get it I guess. Could you imagine it with a all aluminum modern Hemi V8 in it?
Their bloodline runs back to one of the most coveted sportcars of all time, the Ford AC Cobra. The 289 small blocks at 2000 lb curb weights were fantastic cars for their day. The big block 427's at 2300 lbs were just insane. I had a chance to drive the big block back in 69, dang near uncontrollable with over 500 lbft of torque, you better respect that throttle.

MRC01

Major Contributor
...Their bloodline runs back to one of the most coveted sportcars of all time, the Ford AC Cobra. The 289 small blocks at 2000 lb curb weights were fantastic cars for their day. The big block 427's at 2300 lbs were just insane. I had a chance to drive the big block back in 69, dang near uncontrollable with over 500 lbft of torque, you better respect that throttle.
Back in SCCA the main competitor in my class was a guy named James who built a Factory Five Cobra replica. He powered it with a 351 V8 and it was similar in weight, power and overall performance to the Panoz. Classed in A mod, the start line looked amusing because it was all shifter karts except for our two cars. In the first couple of years we had a guy named Mike with a Ralt RT-5 powered by a pumped up 13B Wankel. That thing was absolutely wicked fast. I've never seen anything like it.
The Corbra V8 in the Panoz wasn't a torque monster. It tached to 7000 and pulled hard all the way. So one had to drive it like motorcycle.

Juhazi

Major Contributor

The MB's luggage volume is incredibly small, almost useless for a car of this size. Tne XC60 is front-wheel drive basically, which makes it "heavy" on groovy white winter roads... Q5 must be checked too...

Well, it just happened that I'll be windsurfing in the future! X3 30e ordered, delivery in April-May -20!
My first American car! And second new one! 60th birthday present for myself!

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/31...-cPANgkqlFzHT5pX18IICCxUmDW4tAPa2eEuEn2XLWNpG
x3 g01 30e.jpg

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
I'm currently far more on the decidedly budget end of the car ownership spectrum. (But nice that I haven't had a car payment in a decade.)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 6-speed manual. Bought it used, and next month I'll have owned it for 10 years. Taught myself how to drive stick with this thing ... while I was living in San Francisco. :oops:

CIMG2707.JPG

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Taught myself how to drive stick with this thing ... while I was living in San Francisco.
You must be a youngster. ;)
Very cool Wrangler, don't ever sell it, they're classics.
It will only get more valuable the older it gets.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
You must be a youngster. ;)
Very cool Wrangler, don't ever sell it, they're classics.
It will only get move valuable the older it gets.

ha ha, not a youngster. Not the best commute vehicle but at my current job I fortunately work from home. Other than that it’s a fun ride, hope to keep it for many more years.

Top Bottom