• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

Twitch54

Ok 'HemiRick' and any other Mopar lovers, lets see how good your Mopar knowledge is ........ looking at the pic of my '70 T/A Challenger, what was the inspiration for the hood design of the car ?

Come on !! where's the Mopar experts here with the correct answer to the question above ??

digicidal

Major Contributor
No idea what the "inspiration" was... but it had to be the same as whatever they were thinking with the Cuda AAR since they're identical. Likely something having to do with Trans Am competition. But then again I'm definitely not a "Mopar guy" in fact completely the opposite. Now if you want to discuss the 1970 2000GT (either the Toyota or the Nissan versions) then I'm your guy. ;)

Nissan's Skyline 2000GT-X:
Skyline2000gt-x.jpg

Toyota's 2000GT (which I presume James Bond fans need no introduction to):
TOYOTA_2000GT.jpg

gikigill

View attachment 44471

one of my first track day cars... started as a 1.9 turbo diesel, finished up as a 2.0 GTI-6 conversion, big brakes, updated suspension, track day toy... it’s crowning moment was a guy in the pits told me ‘Sainsbury’s is that way’ it was so funny when I drove around his lotus Elise 111 on donnington, I don’t think he could drive!

View attachment 44470
View attachment 44472

my 406 coupe on 19’s, slightly lowered with a nice stereo and full boot build with laminated glass and trimmed in cream and burgundy

View attachment 44468
View attachment 44469

My next sleeper, weighed 1200kg and had better power to weight than an accord type r, it was very nippy, beating many cars down Santa pod and wasn’t bad in bends

View attachment 44473

my camper van, needs a bit of tlc at the minute as it’s getting to the age where tin worms come of age lol

View attachment 44474

previous van had a very nice sq system in it, but the cabin and it’s dimensions/angles were very conducive to phase issues at various frequencys, really horrible acoustic environment to work with...

have now replaced it with a small hatch and results are massively better! Just about to embark on a full dash rebuild to give Europe a run for its money in EMMA sq competition in the coming year

The Pug 406 is such a pretty car and a very accomplished GT. It will pull looks going down the street since it was designed as a baby Ferrari by Pinin but Pug took over the design instead.

I used to have one over 12-13 years ago with the V6 Petrol and it was just marvelous. Low, easy to drive all day and just so comfortable overall.

Maybe time to search for a used one again........

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Come on !! where's the Mopar experts here with the correct answer to the question above ??
All of us old enough to remember, can't remember any more. :p

Dumdum

The Pug 406 is such a pretty car and a very accomplished GT. It will pull looks going down the street since it was designed as a baby Ferrari by Pinin but Pug took over the design instead.

I used to have one over 12-13 years ago with the V6 Petrol and it was just marvelous. Low, easy to drive all day and just so comfortable overall.

Maybe time to search for a used one again........
On the 19” rims it had a bit of an Aston look about it for me I think, it was the later 3.0 V6 210bhp as was the lump I put in the sleeper van

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a soft spot for the VW Up, it shows that an affordable mini car can be good looking, sweet to drive and mix sensibleness and a bit of fun. The GTi version was a hot.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
You know the symbolic importance of those bullet nose dust caps don't you?
Those are called "Dagmar's" after a TV actress.
In 1950s auto design, the slang term "Dagmar bumper" emerged to describe dual chrome pointed projections on the front ends of Cadillacs, Buicks, Packards, and other U.S. automobiles, an allusion to the actress' physique and trademark attire.

Twitch54

No idea what the "inspiration" was... but it had to be the same as whatever they were thinking with the Cuda AAR since they're identical.

first the 'Cuda and the Challenger are not identical, Challenger has a slightly larger wheelbase. As for the hood of the T/A Challenger, that came from underbelly (air intake) of the P51D Mustang from WWII

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry I like cars but Mopar have never been imported here and so were never much talked about. The only one I have driven is a classic, a Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird, quite an experience but I know nothing about the others at all.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Twenty-year-old me loved my new "stripeless" 1973 Chevy Vega GT 4-speed. Got it after selling my hand-me-down 1964 Cadillac after the first gas crisis. Gas went from $.31 to $.77 and it started to add up at 11 miles to the gallon. Also, the Caddy kept breaking down. My grandfather drove it six miles back and forth to work, and then I started driving it 300 miles to college. Old girl just couldn't take it.

ekvy3C3.jpg

digicidal

Major Contributor
Too dark for a decent pic right now... but got rid of the RC-F today and picked up a Supra which is identical to this one:
toyota-supra---drive-87_800x0w.jpg

Not any slower, but much more efficient - should get about 10mpg better on my commute. Bimmeryota is go! LOL :p

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Too dark for a decent pic right now... but got rid of the RC-F today and picked up a Supra which is identical to this one:
View attachment 44882
Not any slower, but much more efficient - should get about 10mpg better on my commute. Bimmeryota is go! LOL :p
All of this because of our discussion on this thread and the Corvette thread? ;)
So you went with the Arrest Me yellow over the Arrest Me Red?

digicidal

Major Contributor
All of this because of our discussion on this thread and the Corvette thread? ;)
So you went with the Arrest Me yellow over the Arrest Me Red?
LOL not really. I've been irritated with how bad the mileage was on the RC-F for awhile, and it was making me drive slower as a result. :facepalm: I really wanted to get a C8, but between the availability issues and the whole GM thing, decided to revisit that in a couple years instead. I'd been wanting to try a German car again after driving Japanese cars for the past 25 years... figured this combination was a good transition since it's both.

As far as the yellow... with everyone and their grandma driving huge trucks and SUV's - while barely paying attention to other cars... I wanted something that would catch their eye a little as they pull into me. :mad: But yeah... I'm expecting my attorney will be handling a few $400 "parking tickets" for me in the next year.

gikigill

LOL not really. I've been irritated with how bad the mileage was on the RC-F for awhile, and it was making me drive slower as a result. :facepalm: I really wanted to get a C8, but between the availability issues and the whole GM thing, decided to revisit that in a couple years instead. I'd been wanting to try a German car again after driving Japanese cars for the past 25 years... figured this combination was a good transition since it's both.

As far as the yellow... with everyone and their grandma driving huge trucks and SUV's - while barely paying attention to other cars... I wanted something that would catch their eye a little as they pull into me. :mad: But yeah... I'm expecting my attorney will be handling a few $400 "parking tickets" for me in the next year.

Sorry to say the RC-F is a dog. I considered a Lexus for the first time and the interior and handling were just confusing.

Its not fast enough for a track and its not comfortable enough as a GT.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Well don't feel bad. I actually spent time to discover the best steady speed for the best mileage in my Corvette. The answer is 44 mpg at 44 mph. OTOH, maybe you need to do better. Pulse and glide driving technique is one that works for best real world mileage. You accelerate at maximum until 45 mph, then coast down to 15 mph and do it all over again. The acceleration part is short lived in a fast car.

I recently acquired my first Korean vehicle. Have to see how it goes. I've owned US, Japanese and briefly British cars. Does it count if an ex BMW guy designed the Korean engine?

Dumdum

Well don't feel bad. I actually spent time to discover the best steady speed for the best mileage in my Corvette. The answer is 44 mpg at 44 mph. OTOH, maybe you need to do better. Pulse and glide driving technique is one that works for best real world mileage. You accelerate at maximum until 45 mph, then coast down to 15 mph and do it all over again. The acceleration part is short lived in a fast car.

I recently acquired my first Korean vehicle. Have to see how it goes. I've owned US, Japanese and briefly British cars. Does it count if an ex BMW guy designed the Korean engine?
Ah the Kia stinger V6 TT, very nice engine and car as a whole :)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
KIA and Hyundai make some excellent cars, despite the tendency of many petrol heads to deride them and see them as inferior to more established car marques the reality is that they make good well made cars and offer good value for money. Especially in BEVs, the eKona and eNiro are as game changing as Tesla IMO given their lower price point and the fact they bring BEVs with good range, performance and practicality pretty much to the budget of those looking for a compact hatch/SUV. And they're genuinely good cars, not merely good in the sense of allowing people to buy a BEV who can't afford a decent one.

Juhazi

Major Contributor

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Heres mine

Attachments

• Old  '02 Roadie.jpg
    Old '02 Roadie.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20140213_080559.jpg
    20140213_080559.jpg