• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A very sweet ride for sure. I love the interior in those. :D I also love the Panamera models too. Very nice car for North America with the long distances and oftentimes far distance between petrol stations in Canada.

EDIT: What top speed have you had her up to?
There is a 70mph speed limit here, and whilst I do add VAT I haven’t gone anywhere near flat out. The acceleration when overtaking makes getting to a high speed inevitable.
Neither top speed nor acceleration are as important as throttle response, steering and handling on the roads around here and the normal suspension setting is a very good body control/ride compromise.

It is stupidly wide though:mad:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is a 70mph speed limit here, and whilst I do add VAT I haven’t gone anywhere near flat out. The acceleration when overtaking makes getting to a high speed inevitable.
Neither top speed nor acceleration are as important as throttle response, steering and handling on the roads around here and the normal suspension setting is a very good body control/ride compromise.

It is stupidly wide though:mad:
LoL... I appreciate a quick turning car with excellent braking and acceleration more than top speed too but I have been known to take my machines up to mountain passes with nobody around and take advantage of what is basically an autobahn in the mountains all alone up there.... I had some crazy speeds for American built cars and Japanese motorcycles. It's kinda sad though now that the fines are veryyy very expensive and one can have their vehicle impounded for a month+ and a big fat fine and extra penalty applied to the yearly insurance too. But all in all when the dotted line becomes a solid from high speeds it does feel pretty roudy and exciting. :D I have not done that for a long time though. I don't have the reaction ability that I had at one time and that hammer down the throttle ability to get through corners at speed.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A very sweet ride for sure. I love the interior in those. :D I also love the Panamera models too. Very nice car for North America with the long distances and oftentimes far distance between petrol stations in Canada.

EDIT: What top speed have you had her up to?
There is pretty poor infrastructure for roadside charging here in the UK compared to Europe and Scandinavia but I charge at home 99% of the time so zero problem. The battery lasts longer than my bladder and I just plug in whilst eating, drinking or/or going to the toilet which gives me enough charge for the next bladder full but I have still only needed to charge away from home around 10 times in the 14 months.
Flying makes more sense for really long trips IMO

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is pretty poor infrastructure for roadside charging here in the UK compared to Europe and Scandinavia but I charge at home 99% of the time so zero problem. The battery lasts longer than my bladder and I just plug in whilst eating, drinking or/or going to the toilet which gives me enough charge for the next bladder full but I have still only needed to charge away from home around 10 times in the 14 months.
Flying makes more sense for really long trips IMO
Flying makes more sense for really long trips IMO too. If one can exceed the bladder range that is about all that could be required... Hehe. I have set my personal best record at about 400 miles for bladder peak... I was actually breaking in a Sunfire GT that I bought new earlier in the day and was alternating speeding and and slowing down to avoid ring wear from sustaining a steady cruise speed for a long time and a copper pulled me over and thought I was drunk or something.. He let me go but I had to pee big time, it took a amazing long time and he was standing there over me protecting me as I was down the bank of the highway in grizzly and cougar territory. He was a really nice guy. Canada has an across the country charging infrastructure now on a major cross country highway. As per in city charging availability I am not up to speed on that stuff. Yeah great to see your Porsche and read that you are very happy with it. :D

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Bladder range. Neighbor was bragging about his dual tank diesel truck had a 900 mile range. How he could drive from one end of our state and back without stopping. I asked how many times he had done that. His wife," NOT ONE TIME. And as long as I am with him he never will. "

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bladder range. Neighbor was bragging about his dual tank diesel truck had a 900 mile range. How he could drive from one end of our state and back without stopping. I asked how many times he had done that. His wife," NOT ONE TIME. And as long as I am with him he never will. "
There are ways for men to not need to stop for bladder breaks (I never do). I don't know about women, though I had one tell me that she did not have out door plumbing, for whatever that is worth.

Oliverk30YJ

My biggest current project is my 87 YJ. 350 swapped on k30 1 tons. I just picked up 2 700r4s to swap in and rebuild so I can get a better first gear and OD. I'm hoping to rebuild one and use it to help 454 swap my old truck from high school

But with my YJ I'm curious about being able to put some good bass in it. My 10" w/ 1.2 ft³ box doesn't work well in there, so I'm curious about trying an IB set up. Does anyone have any info?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121_220010_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121_220010_Photos.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 33

napfkuchen

This is my car, as a contrast to the last postings... :)

IMG2024031211133.jpg

Individual mobility is important to me and since I often have to park in the city (sometimes in 30 to 40 year old parking garages that were not actually built for today's wide cars) I chose this automobile with a powerful 3-cylinder turbo engine. :p So far I have covered almost 100,000 km (62,000 miles) with it in 6 years and have not had a defect yet. The current average consumption is 5.1 liters/100 km (46 mpg) and the car cost 13,500 euros in 2018. We have already had the connection for two 11 kW chargers installed in our underground parking spaces, but because of the completely crazy prices (and more importantly: the high loss of value due to technical developments), I have no desire to buy an electric car right now.

Top Bottom