• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shout out to JDS Labs

Spirit84

I have an Element Amp that I bought new in 2015. I bought it just when the product was released so it must be one of the first built.
A few weeks ago I noticed a constant ticking noise which was most audible at lower volumes - which makes sense because the ticking was absorbed at higher volumes. However I am sure that the ticking contributed to a higher noise level.
I contacted John at JDS Labs and he told me that the ticking was due to interference from the wireless/wifi signal in my home. He told me to send the unit to JDS and it would be corrected.
JDS fixed the problem and shipped it back to me in Canada at absolutely no cost to me (except that I paid for shipping to JDS).
I am very impressed. Afterall this is a 4 year old unit and John was not obligated to do this for me.
I know where my money is going for the next amp/DAC purchase!!

Fregly

I have an Element Amp that I bought new in 2015. I bought it just when the product was released so it must be one of the first built.
A few weeks ago I noticed a constant ticking noise which was most audible at lower volumes - which makes sense because the ticking was absorbed at higher volumes. However I am sure that the ticking contributed to a higher noise level.
I contacted John at JDS Labs and he told me that the ticking was due to interference from the wireless/wifi signal in my home. He told me to send the unit to JDS and it would be corrected.
JDS fixed the problem and shipped it back to me in Canada at absolutely no cost to me (except that I paid for shipping to JDS).
I am very impressed. Afterall this is a 4 year old unit and John was not obligated to do this for me.
I know where my money is going for the next amp/DAC purchase!!
This is how you create loyal customers.

Redbeard65

Forum Donor
I had to send my Atom amp back to JDS a couple of weeks ago because the left channel quit working.
They responded to my emails about the problem in minutes and had me ship it back to them. When they received the amp they had fixed it and put it back in the mail the same day they received it.
They did not charge me anything and inclosed a note saying that they found a bad op amp that they replaced and were sorry for the inconvenience.
The Atom works like new again.
This is awesome customer service and they really do stand behind their products.

Top Bottom