• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should there be audible/measurable differences when an earthing system is installed?

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I revisited some old posts in various forums and platforms and I saw that many folks talked highly of the results they got when they have their system grounded.
I used to believe in that quite a lot but as the years went by, more and more devices and "pro tips" related to cleaning power, reducing noises, improving fidelity etc.... seemed to be way less consistent than I first thought, not to mention plenty of them were exposed as snake-oil products, or at the very least they had a misleading and inaccurate description.

I'm not an EE and I have very limited knowledge of how electricity works, but my main thought at the moment is if I can't hear noises or weird sounds, I shouldn't bother to think about grounding. Please broaden my knowledge and tell me why it should/shouldn't work.

kongwee

Major Contributor
There is even loop and star ground. For safety, better follow the instruction.

JSmith

Master Contributor
broaden my knowledge
Hey mate, this vid and thread by Amir should assist you;

JSmith

Top Bottom