• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should I replace Marantz SR8400 for streaming TIDAL and TV?

Ryan200

Hi, I'm really impressed with the testing you guys do on here. I've always been frustrated with the subjectivity of 99.9% of component reviews.

Anyway, I just picked up a Crown XLS1500 amp to run the woofers on my Klipsch RP-260f's. I love it. The increased power made my subwoofer redundant. What's eating at me is I had to set the gains to 10 on the Crown to match the tweeter output. I've read that that's less than ideal. I'm considering getting a Preamp/DAC or line level booster but I don't know what's good these days. What would you do to improve this system for <$500?

Here's the breakdown:
HP laptop using TIDAL->HDMI Cable->LG OLED 55EC9300->Toslink->
Marantz SR8400 front amp section->RP-260F Tweeters
Marantz SR8400 front preouts->RCA Cable->Crown XLS1500->RP-260F Woofers

Other considerations:
Music 80%/Movies 20%
Want Remote Volume
Don't want room correction
Have a Hitachi HMA-7500 amp that could run the tweeters

Thoughts?

OP
R

Ryan200

I ordered the Topping. Then I read that Crown Class D amps have 1+ms of latency from DSP. Will that make a difference if I use my analog HMA-7500 on the tweeters and the Crown on the woofers? The drivers are crossed over at 1500Hz

Top Bottom