• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should I go to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2017???

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you want to go, go have some fun. I'd like to see you take a Mark Waldrep approach and as stealthy as possible go to the demos of the more notorious snake-oil peddling companies and see what bullshit you can dig up and expose.
I actually do this but have yet to find any schemes to expose. They entirely rely on their voice commands to suggest an improvement is about to be heard.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Meridian just pulled out of the MQA discussion and RMAF has deboarded the panel. I wanted to sit in on that one.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very strange. Wonder if the other panelists were going to be hostile.

Doubtful. If MQA does what it says it does afa SQ (hasn't been my experience) then the truth will set you free.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I can just picture Amir rolling around on a Segway with his APx machine strapped to the front. "Measurement police!!" "Measurement police!!" You're busted for having 0.0001% more THD than the Benchmark room!!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Meridian just pulled out of the MQA discussion and RMAF has deboarded the panel. I wanted to sit in on that one.
According to MarkWaldrep the whole panel has now been been canceled?
MQA wrote “that they wouldn’t have any presence at RMAF this year according to Spencer Chrislu, an MQA representative.”
"Avoiding Confrontation" seems to be the whole positon of MQA supporters.

Run like hell you cowards. ;)

http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=6046

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I will not be there after all, family commitment... Seems like something comes up every year. Probably just as well.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What's new at RMAF this year?

TitaniumTroy

If you go Amir, could you check out the AudioKinesis room and Legacy Valor speakers, thanks. Sounds like some interesting speaker and room acoustic tech going on in both rooms.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Do the members and audiophiles in general a solid and focus on the known snake-oil peddlers.
You know better than most the ways that can be used to fool the laymen.
Catch em with their pants down if you can, history has shown them to be not too slick. ;)

Top Bottom