• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should i buy Etymotic Research ER2SE or a Similar Chi Fi KZ alternative

john5220

so I can get this erse2 for $98 used like new from Amazon Warehouse assuming it isnt a knock off that some 3rd party sent to Amazon to be sold?

anyways is this worth that price or do I get same quality of sound etc and durability out of a chi fi like kz or tin audio etc?

What to do? I want to get 10 years service out of this there is also the 3SE version for a little more money which is balanced

What do you guys think? This is for traveling in noisy environs etc

I am just concerned it isnt some clone being sold by Amazon warehouse

OP
J

john5220

I also have concern with longevity like 5 or more years maybe 10 if possible?

Last edited:

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Haven't heard both KZ, Tin T4 or the ER2SE, but I can attest for durability of the MMCX connectors that the ER2SE uses against the typical 2 pin connectors that KZ use because I've never had durability problems with the MMCX connectors from my Campfire Audio IEMs while the IEM from the Kinera Seed that I used to have started slipping from its cables due to loosened 2 pin connector. Tin HiFi T4 is well regarded for the 80 USD price point and also uses MMCX connectors, same as the Etymotic. For noise reduction, you must use the triple flange deep insertion to reduce as much noise as possible. Also, since the ER2SE uses a DD, you can EQ the bass to the max and it will deliver the pumping bass you need louder than your Sennheiser HD 58X can ever achieve.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
You ask the oddest questions and they all seem a bit far fetched and seem to have racial undertones.

I've given you the benefit of the doubt but that's expired now.

@john5220 is banned , I don't believe it's a genuine account.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I used ER4S on planes for decades. I was on a flight most weeks. I look after my stuff fairly carefully but they are still in good condition after a lot of use. Nothing like somebody using them hours a day and wrapping the cable carelessly though.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I replaced my Sony noise cancelling headphones for ER4 SRs and find the passive noise isolation as good as the Sony's when flying and better on my daily train commute. Not only are the Etymotics better at attenuating voices but the active noise cancelling of the Sony's couldn't handle the noise made by the train doors closing,it used to result in a very unpleasant spike.Mine aren't very old but they seem to be very durable.

Top Bottom