• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should hard drugs be decriminalized and then supply pharmaceutical grade drugs to users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

Major Contributor
You might find both the book link and the video interesting. At least some food for thought.
Thanks for the links. Book looks good--very good chance it includes material not covered in med school.
And the video was well done--while it may seem a bit far fetched at first blush, any deep dive into the country's history of the war on drugs supports all of the chief points. What is deemed legal vs not often has little to do with the pharmacology, so much as controlling the sourcing and distribution of drugs like fetanyl--we were far better off, when heroin was the drug of choice; in a recent analysis of drugs seized in (I believe) Boston, less than 5% of the drugs sold as heroin actually contained any. With fetanyl being 50x as potent, small mistakes are often lethal.

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sure, right after the Sacklers are put in prison for life and all their holding are seized and liquidated, funds used for Opioid rehab.

Why there are no Nuremberg style trials for these mass murderers is beyond the pale.
Hmmm... most of the money I have made in the medical laboratory business has come from one totally legal product - tobacco! I call it the "American Indian Revenge".

The number of opiod deaths pales behind tobacco deaths, then alcohol related deaths.

Calling for the lynching of drug manufacturers of completely ethical drugs is a malaprop. I will fid a post to add later that reflects my opinion.

HiFidFan

Forum Donor
Hmmm... most of the money I have made in the medical laboratory business has come from one totally legal product - tobacco! I call it the "American Indian Revenge".

The number of opiod deaths pales behind tobacco deaths, then alcohol related deaths.

Calling for the lynching of drug manufacturers of completely ethical drugs is a malaprop. I will fid a post to add later that reflects my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. The hypocrisy from those "in charge" is maddening. I'd add more thoughts but that would be getting into politics. . .

TLEDDY

Forum Donor
A reflection of my thoughts:

1638276746133.jpeg

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 169020
That's horrible. People have a right to access that medication. I'm lucky in that if I have a bad asthma/cold cough I can get 70- 60mg codeine tablets and a bottle of 30mg/tbsp of codeine syrup. I don't ask very much but when I do I get it. To deny people in serious pain the meds should be unlawful in itself.

TLEDDY

Forum Donor
This is a very personal note.

I am a Quack… with extensive knowledge of diagnostic medicine from experience in clinical laboratory medicine. My friends call on me to interpret “Doctor speak” and to review laboratory and pathology reports. My contribution is to be certain they are seeing the appropriate physicians and receiving optimum treatment and be sure they are communicating with their doctors.

For the most part, I counsel them to follow their doctor’s advice.

At the moment, I am working with a dear friend with terminal stage 4b cancer. She is drug adverse, especially opioid, and has resisted them in spite of rather severe pain at one of the original sites. The pain is due to palliative radiation to the groin area, affecting the ureter. Oxycodone was no longer effective and I strongly advised morphine; she accepted and the pain is being managed. Should the morphine not be sufficient, I will suggest Fentanyl dermatological patches.

By the time the above fail, Hospice will likely take over and use IV pain meds.

No one should die in pain! Extended, no one should have to live with pain! It was a major effort to overcome her drug resistance.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
SHORT Answer: Yes. (We are already there)
BUT I AM NOT PAYING FOR IT! Directly or indirectly.

Imagine if tomorrow, you could go to Walmart and Pick up nuclear reactors and all the associated equipment you need. even nuclear warheads.
1gn8oc.jpg

Oregon has essentially made all Drugs legal.
It was thee inevitability of fixing the problem.

this may sound stupid but the War on Drugs was nothing more than a job-creation machine in order to help aid the growth of the economy.
it also artificially inflated the price of these street drugs and narcotics and recreational substances to the point where it became highly profitable for all parties. this includes the end-user of such substances as they are showered with all kinds of amenities in order to keep being an addict.
The parasitic part about the above relationship is that you the non drug user end up paying for it.

So who really pays the Price?
img11.jpg

Then..
6-cost-of-prescriptions-1500-cover-Web.jpg

And Then..
social-networking-addict-25739521.jpg

And sooner or later..
mythsa-about-adiction-1.jpg

BUT... Instead of letting it take its natural course? YOU pay for their addiction.
1ktjek.jpg

Oh sure. We want to be KIND and treat them Humanly. So Explain This Addiction?
eeb9941b47df4e8b8bb3afcfbc24b9ee.jpg

Think about the cost of this for a second.
maxresdefault.jpg

GOOD QUESTION?? So why is it?
Money?
tenor.gif

Nope.

i
Its ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT CONTROL.

Control of what you ask? The control to Divide the most essential paradigm of human existence that either makes or breaks a society. Without this essential building block? You no longer have any control over outside forces nor any say of what you are subjected too.
3823526_001.gif.fb-min.jpg

They can't stop there. Who's Next?
maxresdefault.jpg

So what happens?
6031827708.jpg
+
dc-Cover-jrbv6utrdg5l8ir1nhml7pujo2-20170219150226.Medi.jpeg
+
i

------The excuses....
1640963349227.png
Crazy...

Sooner or latter. This is all that is left.
snorting-white-powder-spells-sex.jpg

PWOOFS?

Kids// Here is your summertime Job.
COykVE5UkAAZ_3l.jpg

And..
Screen-Shot-2019-05-21-at-1.08.19-PM.png
i

And now? You are paying not only the state, but for everyone in on the scam.
so THEY ALL can keep this sharade around so EVERYONE ELSE GETS PAID..
d31.png

Wonder where ALL that MONEY comes from to drive things like the "Justice" system?
The only productive members of whats left of Society.
i

Fact?
$1200 BONUS (Or more) for just filling a claim of DV.
This is how the addicts FUND their addictions.
When selling your body by the pound is not paying the bills?
THEY:
  • Or you splurge you Social Security Check.​
  • Or spend all your Welfare money​
  • Or can no longer Sell your "EBT CARD"​
  • Or can't Rob anyone.​
  • Or can't Steal anything to Sell it.
  • Or Can't sell THEIR OWN kids for "MODELING" or "Sexual TRAINING"
5xiqis.jpg

BUT the money, WILL PAY FOR A NICE COCKTAIL OF DRUGS.

_Fact is? If you are a typical drug addicted couple on hard times? This is how they fund themselves. Ever seen a couple live in a Car?
Why do you think that is? Again, I have SEEN IT WORK. And lives it destroys is not only their own. In typical fashion, they ruin everything around them.
INCLUDING YOUR OWN FAMILY. Friends. Neighbors. City, etc.

Where does that Money come from?
JudgmentalChristianity1.jpg

Case in Point?
What would make a seemingly Normal person go down this route? Family. Kids. Wife. Nice life?
Ahem...
1640995790831.png

SO.. Why is Legalization not enough?
i
And that's exactly why we are all in a tailspin in the west.

As long as the PUBLIC and YOU are held to pay the BILL for legalization? Drug USE? There is no reason why the status quo will change. And therefore? As long as one side Benefits from the Misery? Or is able to use societies addiction against you? And not suffer any consequences for doing so?

The cycle of addiction will continue LONG into the future.

Its always going to be a loosing battle when you are the little guy.
D31d4VeW4AEFF1I.jpg

As long as their is motive for GAIN. (Not Profit oddly) Legalization will only lead to more advanced ways of extending the addiction cycle into perpetuity. Ever seen a branch of the government closed or a nonprofit organization that has no reason to exist anymore?

Have you wondered why so many people can't return to work as of late?
1640966513683.png

1640966569726.png

Naturally, the best thing to do is.....
1640966631436.png

Who is the Sucker in all this?
i

Some thoughts:

This is a very personal note.

It was a major effort to overcome her drug resistance.
The shame of having to use Needles for Insulin put me off on for life. I remember being downtown at the VA building where supposedly they had a sign where you're supposed to deposit your Sharps and what happened when I asked to do that after taking the insulin injection in the bathroom was in asking where the sharps disposal container is and that ended up becoming a big Fiasco.

You get associated with the people that shoot up heroin and whatever else they do.
I just stopped taking it one day. Until I got these special Pens. Still. Hated doing.

That's horrible. People have a right to access that medication. I'm lucky in that if I have a bad asthma/cold cough I can get 70- 60mg codeine tablets and a bottle of 30mg/tbsp of codeine syrup. I don't ask very much but when I do I get it. To deny people in serious pain the meds should be unlawful in itself.
Since they can't Trust the patients, they can't trust the doctors, so a one size fits all solution is done.
And thanks to that? Everyone else gets to suffer for the few.

View attachment 169020
FUCKING BULLSHIT. A pretty Picture for the few to cover up the real pain that they are addicts.
Pill Farms in Florida.

Pill Mills

PAIN MANAGEMENT CLINIC?
The stories I could tell you.

If your doctor should perscribe them to you?
WHY the need for THESE?

I respect your position. But its a weak one from an emotional viewpoint. Therefore? Invalid. No offense. But live with a addict?
And you no longer have a SPEC of Sympathy for them. And ALL THANKS to the wonderful folks in "Medicine"
image.png

But who cares.
Legalize it all. Why? At least its out in the open.

At least My probation officer and a few others are no longer able to get their dick sucked for using it against people who are addicts in the system. IF IT WAS NOT CAUGHT ON FILM? I would have Never believed it.
Had I not and others from Project Veritas and other reporters investiaged it? I would have thought it was a Hoax.

But folks. Its real.
Sadly... Legalization is ONLY PART of the cure. And the Cure to this is sadly just another revenue stream to take its place.

I have to smile though. The dealers who use to live such great lives selling drugs have had to turn to pushing deeper into the abyss. That is Solicitation of minors. Then some guy made ONLY FANS. And now they are broke as fuck too. LOL! HAHA

So.. You know what they say.
if-you-cant-beat-them-join-then-bud-abbott.gif

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it is important to recognise that supporting the right to do something is not the same as supporting that act. In many cases support for legalization of drugs may well be accompanied by support for drug use, it is also an entirely rational and logical position to advocate for legalization whilst being against drug use on the basis of libertarian beliefs or a practical position that criminalisation hasn't worked.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom