• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should Equalizer APO work with TOSLink?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently added a SPDIF/TOSLink Bracket adapter to my PC (Gigabyte motherboard with Realtek HD Audio) to connect my Topping D50s via optical. I have a ground loop issue and had been using a cheap USB isolator to resolve the issue, but thought I'd give optical a try as well. (also frees up the D50s USB connection for Volumio running on my RPi)

Everything is connected and working fine from a sound perspective, but I can't eAPO to apply EQ to the output. Everything looks fine (see below), but it's just working. Is there any reason why eAPO shouldn't work with TOSLink?

1621362418402.png

1621362459967.png

1621362519631.png

alont

Forum Donor
In the configurator, switch from "install as LFX/GFX" to the experimental option (forgot the full name). Be sure to restart your PC (or sound service) afterwards to apply the change.

Thalis

EQ APO does not work with Exclusive Mode in your sound settings.

Edit: What is your playback software?

OP
Berwhale

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the configurator, switch from "install as LFX/GFX" to the experimental option (forgot the full name). Be sure to restart your PC (or sound service) afterwards to apply the change.

Bingo! Thanks, switched to SFX/EFX (experimental) and it works...

1621363272828.png

OP
Berwhale

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
EQ APO does not work with Exclusive Mode in your sound settings.

Edit: What is your playback software?

Generally, I use MusicBee with DirectSound. It's now working with the SFX/EFX tweak above.

I switched on Exclusive Mode in Amazon Music and you're correct, eAPO no longer works.

Thalis

Generally, I use MusicBee with DirectSound. It's now working with the SFX/EFX tweak above.

That;s great.... in my case I cannot use bitperfect if i want to use EQ APO in say, Foobar2000.

Top Bottom