• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shipping Speakers

Martini

Forum Donor
I have my pair of Martin Logan Aerius-i speakers for sale, posted both here and on Audiogon. Someone on Audiogon has expressed interest, however shipping via UPS is costly. Does anyone know of a less costly & safe way to ship these from East to West Coast? They are packed in the original boxes, which are roughly 70-lbs each.

Thanks!

Tom C

Major Contributor
At that size and weight, you’re shipping freight on a semi, which won’t be cheap no matter what you do, especially these days. The speakers are fragile, large and heavy, and would be best bound to a pallet. You may get a better rate from someone like Estes, or whoever of the many similar companies operate in your area. But, it may also be more work on your part

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
uship
It might take longer to get the package shipped, but MUCH cheaper. I haven't personally used it, but have a local friend that uses it and has has JTR speakers and other things shipped by it.

MacCali

Major Contributor
uship
It might take longer to get the package shipped, but MUCH cheaper. I haven't personally used it, but have a local friend that uses it and has has JTR speakers and other things shipped by it.

seems like Uship is fairly expensive, from fedex and ups I got a cheaper quote but this maybe a covid 19 situation for a similar situation

radix

Major Contributor
Do you still have the a pallet or can you get one? you want to make sure to specify that you need a lift gate at both the pickup and drop off. Some shippers will also want to know if it's a residential pickup/drop off. They will also charge more for inside delivery. if it is on a pallet, I think it's then 1 shipment of 140 lbs (plus pallet), rather than two shipments of 70 lbs. I don't know if the original boxes are designed to be shipped without a pallet.

Top Bottom