• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think that anybody seriously retooled their production lines around MQA, except for maybe when it first launched, but other than that, most companies simply just included DACs in their products, which could do MQA, and it was as simple as including the software on the X-MOS side.

I think you are underestimating the significant re-engineering required to add a blue LED to a DAC :)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I think you are underestimating the significant re-engineering required to add a blue LED to a DAC :)
lmao you are right; those Blue LED's are both rare and require very specific wiring which is not even common knowledge amongst normal engineers.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
lmao you are right; those Blue LED's are both rare and require very specific wiring which is not even common knowledge amongst normal engineers.
Blue LEDs are a groundbreaking invention. Three physicists were awarded a Nobel Prize in Physics in 2014 because of blue LEDs.

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just solder a blue LED in an existing DAC and call it a day. ;)

I'm absolutely convinced that pro MQA people will say that the music sounds better when they see the blue LED even when the DAC is rigged to always have the blue LED on even when the source is an 320Kbps MP3 file. :rolleyes:

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just solder a blue LED in an existing DAC and call it a day. ;)

I'm absolutely convinced that pro MQA people will say that the music sounds better when they see the blue LED even when the DAC is rigged to always have the blue LED on even when the source is an 320Kbps MP3 file. :rolleyes:
Hey, those hood stickers add horsepower dontcha know...

Top Bottom