• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sheffield Labs "My Disc" -70dB Test Track

OP
C

capt.s

Haha...... exactly!..... I suppose I should have clarified I was joking :p. Someones buying this esoteric equipment though. Again, thanks for your help.

skyraider

I tried the -70dB track on topping DX7s, and im getting a lot of background "hissing" noise. this hissing noise is louder than the music itself.
the second interesting part is that if i upsample this track with my media player, the background hiss will reduce but the track will get more distorted. on 32 bit upsample, the hiss almost completely dissapear but the sound is severely distorted.
im really curious if this hissing noise is part of the original track, or is it residual of the signal processing? much appreciate feedback from others on this.

Top Bottom