• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Share your in-room measurements?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So, if I wanted to address that, probably go with something like a 12db per octave high pass for the Metas?
try to use the REW alignment tool to solve the null at the crossover frequency.

As for the crossover settings, Butterworth (BU) 12db/oct @ 95Hz with the port sealed on the metas.

Linkwitz-Riley (LR) 24db/oct @ 95 Hz for the subwoofer with the LFE input (built-in low pass defeated) used.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Jukka

Hi, i am not familiar with dirac live, and i see it does two things that are usually not recommended, at least to newbie humans:
- fill dips (that one at 100 hz)
- eq the full band
Is this ok or because dirac is so smart or should we prevent it to do it?
Thanks for your insight!
The only way to effectively fill a null is to shift phase, and advanced automated correction system like Dirac Live will handle such operations. The Dirac Live software is automated, it only lets user to set taeget curve, but doesn't user to mess with the actual filters, which is actually good when doing difficult stuff like phase shifting or other time-domain dsp functions.

To me that 100 Hz dip does not look like a bad crossover, but it's still good to check that both high-pass and low-pass filters in both channel are set as they should be.

Speaker EQ at any frequency is fine, while room correction at high frequency is sketchy at best. Please make a distinction here.

bathroomskank

I'm trying to do my first room correction and crossover set up ever with a MiniDSP Flex. I only EQwed the sub alone so far and set the crossover frequency to 70 Hz. The curve seems bad in the 80-200Hz region. Is it a room related problem ? What could I do ?
capture.jpg

Thank you

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm trying to do my first room correction and crossover set up ever with a MiniDSP Flex. I only EQwed the sub alone so far and set the crossover frequency to 70 Hz. The curve seems bad in the 80-200Hz region. Is it a room related problem ? What could I do ?
View attachment 216486
Thank you
Please set your graph to 10-300 Hz for bass measurements and limit the vertical axis to 45-105 dB with no smoothing and we'll have a closer look. Show only the sub.

poxymoron

What smoothing do you guys use typically, or advise to use, when sharing measurements? Thanks.

poxymoron

1/12 octave.
Thank you. Finally got my minidsp Flex working with Dirac. Had to add an active USB cable to get USB audio out from the laptop into the Flex. Really impressed with the improvement, time to have some fun with it now. I'll post some measurements soon.

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom