• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Share your house curve (graph or numbers)

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I thought it could be interesting to see how people have dialed in the balance of their system. Both to share our individual preference but also get a bit of anecdotal evidence of what people prefer. If sharing a graph, quite a lot of smoothing (1/3 or 1/6) is probably good so we can easier see the general trend. If you don't have a graph, you could also share the amount of lift in dB and what frequency range.

If you feel like it, please also share your setup and equipment, and possibly to what extent it's the natural response of your system, or if you've used EQ.

I'll start off with mine. This is the Arendal 1723 Tower S with dual subs helping out at the bottom. Crossover frequency at 100hz. The frequency response from 500hz and up is the natural response of the speakers in the room, as I'm using Audyssey but have cut off at 500hz.

The bottom end response is default Audyssey with Dynamic EQ enabled (0dB reference level), and also added 3dB to the subwoofer level after calibration. The result is a full, powerful sound, detailed midrange and a clear top end without being bright or fatiguing even over extended listening periods. :)

20-20khz 1-3 smoothing.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Flat.

No complaints from listeners.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor