• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shakti Hallograph's, are you a believer??

OP
D

Deleted member 12

Well a few sticks poking into the air will respond by resonating when excited by the music at frequencies depending on the stick's mass, stiffness and dimensions. If you prefer this extra bit of sound being added to what is coming out of your speakers, bully for you. What it is not doing is changing the room acoustics.
Really, if it is making a change to the sound in the room and is doing so non-electrically, what is it doing if it is not changing the room acoustics? Please read my OP. I know that you have heard these in your system, right...??

OP
D

Deleted member 12

'Gullible fool'.
Keith
Ok, so you are telling me that you have listened to these and they made no difference in your system...none. If so, then that is your opinion and I accept it. OTOH, IF you have not listened to these and are doubting me because they look like they cannot work. ( which indeed they do...to some) then the 'gullible' might apply to you, no??
I noticed you are a Grand Prix dealer...a product that I use and happen to like..... a lot. However, the addition of the Formula shelf to my system ( replacing the standard acrylic shelf) made absolutely no difference to the sound...none!! So, I ask you, are you a "Gullible fool" for hearing something from that mod in your system; or at your dealership???
Keith, perhaps---just perhaps, before we post an opinion on something that we have not heard, it makes sense to get off our duff and go out and listen for ourselves. An unacceptable concept to many members on this forum it would seem. I'm done here.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dealers laugh behind your back, and they will whisper quietly between themselves ' here comes that gullible fool' and wonder expectantly what rubbish they will be able to sell you today.
Keith

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Really, if it is making a change to the sound in the room and is doing so non-electrically, what is it doing if it is not changing the room acoustics? Please read my OP. I know that you have heard these in your system, right...??

Obvious trolling is obvious.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Keep on thinking like that. In this hobby, you are going to deprive yourself of a lot of music and a lot of pleasure. I would suggest putting cotton wool in your ears from now on...after all, you don't really need them do you, LOL.
Given the grotesque amount of self indulgence in 'this hobby' ( your hobby not mine, I'm more interested in how things work, design and engineering etc oh and listing to music not obsessing about some wavy stick or fuse wire) Depriving oneself in this context might be seen as a good and healthy thing to do...

Maybe you should try it..

I'm off to see joe bonnamassa at the Royal Albert Hall Friday , no wavy sticks though so possibly we won't be hearing the music as it was intended..

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Dealers laugh behind your back, and they will whisper quietly between themselves ' here comes that gullible fool' and wonder expectantly what rubbish they will be able to sell you today.
Keith
No, I think they too believe...

I'm sure the maker of these wavy sticks believe they work too...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Shakti makes another product called a stone...take a look at it on their web page, do you doubt that works as well???

I looked at their EMI test:

Lay a Shakti Stone on top of a log-periodic antenna and measure a reduction in signal strength.

They did not provide a control. Perhaps an old steel-toed boot would perform as well, or even better. I have two of them for sale, if your skepticism and open mind makes you want to try them out.

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/emitests.htm

Maybe if they had placed one on a piece of equipment I might have in my system and provided some measurements of the output change, it would make more sense to me.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

I'm sure the maker of these wavy sticks believe they work too...
They 'believe' one is born every minute.
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Some maybe, but a couple I'm personally friends with up in Chicago used to laugh and joke with me when I'd stop in. Regalling stories about the audiophool that spent $------------------ on some snake-oil product he sold.. (and his profit margin) . LOL

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I looked at their EMI test:

Lay a Shakti Stone on top of a log-periodic antenna and measure a reduction in signal strength.

They did not provide a control. Perhaps an old steel-toed boot would perform as well, or even better. I have two of them for sale, if your skepticism and open mind makes you want to try them out.

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/emitests.htm

Maybe if they had placed one on a piece of equipment I might have in my system and provided some measurements of the output change, it would make more sense to me.
Yes, and before he thinks the steel toed boot is a crazy idea how could he possibly have an opinion until he listens and gives it a try.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, so you are telling me that you have listened to these and they made no difference in your system...none. If so, then that is your opinion and I accept it. OTOH, IF you have not listened to these and are doubting me because they look like they cannot work. ( which indeed they do...to some) then the 'gullible' might apply to you, no??
I noticed you are a Grand Prix dealer...a product that I use and happen to like..... a lot. However, the addition of the Formula shelf to my system ( replacing the standard acrylic shelf) made absolutely no difference to the sound...none!! So, I ask you, are you a "Gullible fool" for hearing something from that mod in your system; or at your dealership???
Keith, perhaps---just perhaps, before we post an opinion on something that we have not heard, it makes sense to get off our duff and go out and listen for ourselves. An unacceptable concept to many members on this forum it would seem. I'm done here.

Why would be look at those and read the white paper and not bother trying? How about an alternative product. Diffusion panels. You could look at the odd shape and be told they make quite the difference, and think "bah....looks like some bad artsy wall treatment to me". The explanation of how it works however is in accord with the regular known properties of sound and nothing mystical or magical. Plus they can provide measurements showing the change.

The product you are so fond of, have experienced, well it appears by known properties of sound propagation to do nothing of the sort claimed. Their white paper explanation is a fairy tale woven from imagination. It simply offers no likely reason it works except psychologically by hitting on the regular prejudice of people like you who think everything works and hears it.

On top of that as someone else mentioned. Even were it to work the price vs what you have there is obscene. You could take pictures from about 3 angles and go make an exact duplicate for far less money. So even if it works you are being ripped off.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Look deep into my eyes ------------------------------:eek: :D
Hoffman-pic-1.jpg
ces_13.jpg
Is that Cat Stevens? Looks like he's wacked right out on strong acid.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Why are some audiophiles so quick to believe alternative reality science and engineering? If we place large diffusion panels or bass traps in a room, the differences can be measured and heard in blind listening test. Then we can discuss whether the panels or traps are an improvement or not.
With alternative reality products there are no significant measurement differences or blind listening test differences.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
About the Shakti Stone tests,the log periodic antenna was used from 300 MHz to 2 gHz, this is in the RFI not EMI range. But it's not 'Interference' if it's the intended signal. But in any case, how an antenna is affected has nothing to do with acoustics or shielding audio products.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I use a set of the The Hallograph on top of my iPad Air -- you wouldn't believe how much better it makes my Roon streaming server sound when controlling from the iPad!

Top Bottom