• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Serving SACD and DVD-A on a Mac - possible?

Descartes

Major Contributor
It requires an early model PS3 or one of a select few Blu-ray players, the gui which just remote controls a bit of software running on the PS3 or the that the Blu-ray player has been tricked in to running can be compiled and run on a Mac.

Oh well, I guessed I will just have to keep an SACD player then! Fortunately Sony has not dropped the format yet.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Does it work on a Mac?
I assume so since it says so and some others have done it. I have no Mac experience.
Oh well, I guessed I will just have to keep an SACD player then! Fortunately Sony has not dropped the format yet.
Perhaps your SACD is one of the many "few select" players that will do it.

Descartes

Major Contributor
How on a PC what software do you use I was looking at some of the threads and it seems very complicated especially fir multichannel SACDs

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor

MOCKBA

Just in case if you have an Android phone (very strange for a Mac user), you can use DSDBoss for the task
Screenshot_20210502-194213~2.png

Descartes

Major Contributor
It looks daunting, I am not savvy when it comes to messing with coding!

Reactions: BJL

elvisizer

it's really not that complicated, you're not writing software (coding) lol
commandline stuff looks complicated if you've never done it before but it's not that tough!

Descartes

Major Contributor
it's really not that complicated, you're not writing software (coding) lol
commandline stuff looks complicated if you've never done it before but it's not that tough!
Also I am paranoid when it comes about downloading software from
the internet unless it is from a real company.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Amir and Fitzcaraldo215 commented as follows on the thread about the new Panasonic video disk spinner:
Sadly, Fitzcaraldo215, aka Carl Weber, passed away on February 27. He was good friend, smart and generous, and he is missed.

Top Bottom