• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Server issues?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
In almost all cases, you do NOT want to do any of this. It is busy work that support people have you do but it doesn't fix anything

Conan NBC PC Support

I had to work phone support for Telephone Central Offices for a while. They're real dependable unless they aren't.

We had some "try this" time killers to use . A favorite was "Ok, well, let's just hold off here and see what happens next."

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Few days ago I mentioned some' to the fact that I wasn't able to google anymore; when searching for any type of info I was blocked and asked to decipher a captcha.
...Making sure I wasn't a robot.

This has none to do with ASR music science review server, none. But with Google, which by the way is not Microsoft's favorite browser. ;)

Anyway, I was just wondering if it had anything to do with this: http://jalopnik.com/45-million-accounts-hacked-at-some-of-the-biggest-car-f-1782030203
...And: http://www.zdnet.com/article/hacker...reds-of-verticalscope-car-tech-sports-forums/

It sure was coincidental.
And I even started a thread this morning → http://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hacking-and-more-hacking.578/

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Few days ago I mentioned some' to the fact that I wasn't able to google anymore; when searching for any type of info I was blocked and asked to decipher a captcha.
...Making sure I wasn't a robot.
I get that frequently especially when searching forums. I think we do so much searching that Google thinks we are robots. :D

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I saw it too, same time.

As I remember, just that text on an otherwise blank page, for a few minutes.

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Website went down a few minutes ago - for any particular reason?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Everything works fine. But on occasions the site takes a while to access.
Sometimes it can take more than 30 seconds; so I simply give up and return later on under more clement skies.

Today I had few of those, like just right now in trying to return to the most updated page, after posting the first paragraph above.
And it happened several times in the last few weeks, @ random.
Some days are better, other days are less.

Just an observation in case my contribution helps in improving the site's surfing.
Of course some other sites are much much much worst, like AVS ... AVSCIENCE forum for example.
That one is truly the very worst of the worst of the entire World Wide Web (WWW) ... from all the sites and forums of the global worldwide Internet (GWI).

But the vast majority of audio websites and audiophile's and cinéphile's forums are smooth sailing.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks Bob. Keep the reports coming. We are on a shared server and who knows what traffic the others are getting. Longer term I will switch to a dedicated server but it costs a lot more. So right now, I am putting the extra funds toward buying DACs and such. :)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Thanks Bob. Keep the reports coming. We are on a shared server and who knows what traffic the others are getting. Longer term I will switch to a dedicated server but it costs a lot more. So right now, I am putting the extra funds toward buying DACs and such. :)

I forgot to mention an important element here; it happened only when using my tablet or smartphones, which have less processing power.
It doesn't bother me much because I know what to do; just abort and retry few seconds later, normally it works after one or couple retries.

Amir, don't waste your money on this; instead we are immensely grateful for all you do here, for your in-depth audio articles, your expert inputs, your audio show sharing, the photos, the music, the audio measurements, your professionalism, your awesome audio/video writings, your computer's experience, your integrity, your respect, your love of treating others like you treat yourself, equally, your keeping up with the latest audio and video technologies, your good humor, your generosity, your compassion, your humanity, your fairness. ...you for being the superb human being you are with all your great attributes and scientific experience. You bring a balance to our audio world, and much more...

And I say that not to please you but because it's the truth. It belongs to you, and us we all benefit.

Top Bottom