• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Seriously, Another MQA Thread Killed by the Mods!

Should All MQA Discussions be Banned on ASR?

• Yes

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 82.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Atkinson

Industry Insider
Reviewer
Too bad that policy doesn't apply to Stereophile's own writers.

As far as I can tell, the only Stereophile writer to which that would apply to is Michael Fremer. Some insulting or abusive posts of his on the Stereophile website have indeed been taken down. However, such posts remain published on our AnalogPlanet website, where Michael is the moderator.

John Atkinson
Technical Editor, Stereophile

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
At the start of these threads its like the first beer at the airport at 6am , you know its probably unwise but what the heck ' it will be different this time ' , few pages in and those beers are tasting good ...,

Now at some point you end up being refused passage on said aircraft or worse carry on the party and end up in some Spanish jailhouse or backstreet gutter after the taxi driver kicks you out for being sick and or wetting yourself lol

We are now in that gutter and have soiled pants .

This is a evidence based forum , just read this thread and all the others and you will clearly observe a pattern, topics been done to death and its just a sounding board for bitterness and axe grinding.

Shouldn't be that way but it always goes there no matter how much time mods put into them . Nothing of value has occurred, nothing new its just groundhog day .

This is why they get shut ! Its a royal waste of everyone's time .

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As far as I can tell, the only Stereophile writer to which that would apply to is Michael Fremer. Some insulting or abusive posts of his on the Stereophile website have indeed been taken down. However, such posts remain published on our AnalogPlanet website, where Michael is the moderator.

John Atkinson

Yes, that would definitely apply to Michael Fremer, whose writerly fuse appears to be far shorter than the majority of members on this forum.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This thread has turned into an embarrassment. If you let yourself get upset by Michael Fremer you have a weak mind.

Beave

Major Contributor

John Atkinson

I notice your use of the qualifier "some" in front of the "insulting or abusive posts of his on the Stereophile website have indeed been taken down." :rolleyes:

I would say "Many" of them have not been taken down and have been there since 2012.

Beave

Major Contributor
This thread has turned into an embarrassment. If you let yourself get upset by Michael Fremer you have a weak mind.

I don't get upset by Fremer's remarks. I find them amusing.

What does upset me is hypocrisy and double standards.

Newman

Major Contributor
As far as I can tell, the only Stereophile writer to which that would apply to is Michael Fremer. Some insulting or abusive posts of his on the Stereophile website have indeed been taken down.

John Atkinson

On one of your own articles on stereophile.com he says, in the comments, “Jesus you are a boring irrational fool.”. It’s still there. It’s directed at someone who disagreed with you, though.

If, as you say above, he is a repeat offender, has he been struck from the Stereophile payroll? I bet if a kid in the back office, manning the phones, repeatedly spoke like that to callers, he’d be gone.

It’s all about standards, John. Standards. Just because the word exists in the plural, does not mean that doubling it is desirable.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
On one of your own articles on stereophile.com he says, in the comments, “Jesus you are a boring irrational fool.”. It’s still there. It’s directed at someone who disagreed with you, though.

If, as you say above, he is a repeat offender, has he been struck from the Stereophile payroll? I bet if a kid in the back office, manning the phones, repeatedly spoke like that to callers, he’d be gone.

It’s all about standards, John. Standards. Just because the word exists in the plural, does not mean that doubling it is desirable.

Here it is:

1622289361793.png

https://www.stereophile.com/content/who-watches-watchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom