• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sergeants, Lieutenants, Audio Militia?

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here 4 years and not a single promotion... :p

ASR. DIY Audio and some forums on AV Nirvana are all I ever bother with anymore. Mostly ASR when I have the time.

I've watched ASR degrade a bit though (but certainly not Amir's and others valuable content), inevitable with its growing presence online and often in the top 10 on an audio Google search. The forums are more cluttered with bad opinions and bashing of others than before, harder to sift through long threads to get real information. Easy enough to block the idiots though.

Great job Amir and kudos to you for not monetizing the site! The latter should be enough alone to shut the nay-sayers up, nobody's getting rich here speaking truth...

Matthias McCready

I want to know why my darn title is so low... A five star general is what I thought I was. Or a King if we are dealing with monarchy. Anything else is an insult to audio truth....
Don't you think that "Supreme Overlord" would be more fitting? ;)

egellings

Major Contributor
Alas, I'm a tuber, too. I don't think they are as good as modern semiconductor stuff is; I merely just enjoy them, and if done right, they can return competent sound quality. It's just a personal preference, really.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Alas, I'm a tuber, too. I don't think they are as good as modern semiconductor stuff is; I merely just enjoy them, and if done right, they can return competent sound quality. It's just a personal preference, really.
Saying it like that... You Mister (or Madam) are a rare breed and a breath of fresh air! :(

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Tell him/her/whatever not all members,he should have a look at the music threads :p
:D Good one!

But why would that matter anyway? I thought it's a plus that it's not completely dominated by high brow classical connoisseurs. Anyway, you can find some good testing ground for subs in pop. Some of the songs will give subs a run for their money.

Sokel

Master Contributor
:D Good one!

But why would that matter anyway? I thought it's a plus that it's not completely dominated by high brow classical connoisseurs. Anyway, you can find some good testing ground for subs in pop. Some of the songs will give subs a run for their money.
The event horizon zone for subs:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Some people would rather believe an attractive lie than an unattractive truth. Jim

I'd say we all face the risk when faced with unattractive truths about things we hold dear.

The downside of not being a psychopath is the agony of trying to cut emotional connections when needed.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
He even complains that ASR members would listen to pop music.
Given that Pop music is a genre of “popular music” that originated in its modern form during the mid-1950s in the United States and the United Kingdom. I suspect Everyone everywhere has/does/will listen to this Genre. Who is so superior to judge people by the genre of music they enjoy? Is that not the ultimate reason and goal for all of us being here as members. This person has some serious issues of superiority and judgmental behavior. He must have a lot of hate in his heart. I hope he finds a way out of that. It will only consume him in the end.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR - exists

Audiophools - butt hurt

I posted in humor thread (I found it funny) a screen of some very butt hurt Audiogon member. He even complains that ASR members would listen to pop music. BUt, since anyone can join ASR... What does that even mean?
A yes you must listen to special audiophile music from obscure labels to enjoy your hifi .

Us peasants that get an hifi system to better enjoy whatever music style we fancy clearly got it wrong :)

Top Bottom