• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SEOS waveguides, anyone?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I got an offer to trade them for the JBL 4319's I currently have. So I did. Just wanted to try something different.

But I gotta admit, I miss them now and then. A pair of HIII's and some subs would be awesome.

Are you saying you prefer the Heresy III to the 4319?

OP
Dynamix

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are you saying you prefer the Heresy III to the 4319?

Not sure really, they both have their strenghts. The 4319's are very accurate and revealing, and the H III's are very colored, but it's a color I really like. The H III's are what I guess a placebophile would call "musical".

OP
Dynamix

Dynamix

Just for some context: There's really no doubt that the 4319's are objectively better speakers than the H III's. But the thing is that I listen to a lot of "underground" music that's recorded on a tiny budget in someones garage or basement or whatever, and some of it ends up having less than stellar sound quality - to put it mildly. And the 4319's don't do those recordings any favors, they ruthlessly pick them apart and pretty much makes some of them almost unlistenable.

The H III's are simply more forgiving, and I'm starting to think that giving up the ability to just sit back and enjoy my entire music collection in the name of "accuracy", regardless of how crappy some of it may sound, just isn't worth it.

Last edited:
OP
Dynamix

Dynamix

I know. It was more of a note to myself....lots of Heresy I models here in the $375-$450 range. That's cheap enough to buy just to try it out.

Go for it. If they're not your thing, I suspect you could sell them for the same price you paid.

Top Bottom