• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sensible upgrade from wharfedale diamonds 9.1's?

Razorhelm

Hi All,

I am currently using wharfedale diamond 9.1's and was wondering what speakers would be a good upgrade. I am particularly curious how much I would need to spend to get a clear improvement in sound quality.

There are some measurements at stereophile if it helps.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-diamond-91-loudspeaker-measurements

I have them actively crossed over to subwoofers at 60hz and am using eq to get a nice flat response, i would intend to use eq with any new speaker too.

Thanks

Will

OP
Razorhelm

Razorhelm

By room correction do you mean bass traps and such?
I live in rented flat so not much opportunity to add that kind of thing.
I have used REW and equaliserAPO to do room correction digitally.
I'll dredge the measurement i have up at some point, have to setup the old pc i run all that stuff on to get them.

Taddpole

Hi All,

I am currently using wharfedale diamond 9.1's and was wondering what speakers would be a good upgrade. I am particularly curious how much I would need to spend to get a clear improvement in sound quality.

There are some measurements at stereophile if it helps.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-diamond-91-loudspeaker-measurements

I have them actively crossed over to subwoofers at 60hz and am using eq to get a nice flat response, i would intend to use eq with any new speaker too.

Thanks

Will

Curious as to whether you did this upgrade and what you went for.

OP
Razorhelm

Razorhelm

I did upgrade but with a somewhat unorthodox system.

You can read about it here if you're curious!

Top Bottom