• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser Launches HD 400 Pro Headphones for Mixing and Mastering

MachOne

Part of the problem is that "neutral" means different things to different people. To some, it resembles the Harman curve; to others, the diffuse field target; to others still, "what the HD 600 sounds like".

Other than the elevated treble and deeper bass extension, the HD 560S does closely resemble the HD 600 in frequency response.

Yep yep. There does seem to be some general consensus about the excess HF energy though, and I think it could make judging mix decisions around sibilance, hi hat EQ etc more difficult than a "more neutral" headphone.

Chris Kelly

While my sight impairment prevents me from seeing images online via my screen, I can see details when I actually hold items in front of me and up close. What are the color differences of the headband, sides, logos, and outer rims of the HD 400 PRO and HD 560 S?

heraldo_jones

While my sight impairment prevents me from seeing images online via my screen, I can see details when I actually hold items in front of me and up close. What are the color differences of the headband, sides, logos, and outer rims of the HD 400 PRO and HD 560 S?
The same exact headphone, HD 400 Pro just comes with the extra cable.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They look exactly the same except the Sennheiser logo that's located on the outside of each earcup is all black on the HD400 Pro, whilst on the HD560s the logo is coloured metallic silver. The HD400 Pro comes with a coiled cable, the HD560s comes with a normal straight cable.

Chris Kelly

They look exactly the same except the Sennheiser logo that's located on the outside of each earcup is all black on the HD400 Pro, whilst on the HD560s the logo is coloured metallic silver. The HD400 Pro comes with a coiled cable, the HD560s comes with a normal straight cable.
When you say logo, do you mean that raised design in the middle of the side grills? Are you saying that the side grills and headband are black on the 400 PRO and 560 S? If the side grills are black on both, I think the silver logo makes more sense on black side grills.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
When you say logo, do you mean that raised design in the middle of the side grills? Are you saying that the side grills and headband are black on the 400 PRO and 560 S? If the side grills are black on both, I think the silver logo makes more sense on black side grills.
Yes, exactly, that raised design in the middle of the side grills. Yes, the silver logo does make more sense as it's more visible on the black background of the grill. So it's just that cosmetic difference between the HD400 Pro and the HD560s, and the fact that the HD400 Pro has the coiled cable. Both headphones have the same black headband and are the same in every way.

Chris Kelly

Yes, exactly, that raised design in the middle of the side grills. Yes, the silver logo does make more sense as it's more visible on the black background of the grill. So it's just that cosmetic difference between the HD400 Pro and the HD560s, and the fact that the HD400 Pro has the coiled cable. Both headphones have the same black headband and are the same in every way.
Plus I don't like coild cables anyway because once the coils lose their shape when things get tangled, I have trouble restoring them to their original form. So if there is no difference in performance, I don't even think I'm going to waste time evaluating the HD 400 PRO.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Plus I don't like coild cables anyway because once the coils lose their shape when things get tangled, I have trouble restoring them to their original form. So if there is no difference in performance, I don't even think I'm going to waste time evaluating the HD 400 PRO.
Yeah, it makes sense to get the HD560s, you save some money doing that and you only get the coiled cable with the HD400Pro, otherwise identical beyond the cosmetic differences we mentioned.

Chris Kelly

Yeah, it makes sense to get the HD560s, you save some money doing that and you only get the coiled cable with the HD400Pro, otherwise identical beyond the cosmetic differences we mentioned.
I got the 560 S about two weeks ago. As long as I'm happy with them, I don't think I need to pursue the HD 400 PRO any further.

Top Bottom