• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser IE 80 : which DAC,please? ‍

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What tablet do you have? Most tablets have a good enough dac onboard.

OP
Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

;) Not only great advice,but good common sense. Thanks. In the end I'm buying a good Samsung phone, my first try in 66 years !

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Most devices have audibly transparent DACs, even if measurements aren't the best in the world the reality is that unless you are unlucky enough to buy an outlier or faulty product then the DAC will be fine. What is more likely to be worth upgrading is the headphone amplifier, assuming it has a headphone jack. Many of these devices have perfectly satisfactory headphone outputs too but hearing protection regs in some regions means volume may be a bit low, particularly if you have inefficient or hard to drive headphones. In that case the JDS Atom is cheap, powerful and with superb measured performance.

OP
Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

Thank You, I looked at about 20 DACs but first I'll wait to use the wired IEMs thinking of Sennheiser $130-$200.

Top Bottom