• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I’m considering the HD 650/HD 600 or perhaps the Audeze MM 100, the bass response looks quite anaemic on the HD’s so how well do they take to eq as I pretty much listen to electronic music 90% of the time?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I’m considering the HD 650/HD 600 or perhaps the Audeze MM 100, the bass response looks quite anaemic on the HD’s so how well do they take to eq as I pretty much listen to electronic music 90% of the time?
HD600 takes OE2018 bass without audible distortion, but IEMs are way more fun in that regard, imo.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
HD600 takes OE2018 bass without audible distortion, but IEMs are way more fun in that regard, imo.
Unless you're like me and cannot ever get anything to fit (it is impossible for me it seems). As well, IEMs can cause problems associated with tightly sealing a space that is designed to allow airflow, and for me, more importantly, if I remember correctly, hearing damage is more likely when using IEMs.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
but IEMs are way more fun in that regard, imo.

Yeah that’s what held me off buying something so far, just bought a Hiby R6 Gen 3 Dap to play with around the house along with my 7Hz Zero 2 iem’s and I have the new Kiwi Ears Singolo colab with Crinacle that should be here by the end of the week, I guess iem’s are always going to give more vfm but sometimes a headphone would be nice to plonk on and have good soundstage, and it’s a different listening experience but I do like good bass response.

Robin L

Master Contributor
HD600/650 is the wrong address if you're looking for good soundstage.
Headphones are the wrong addresses if you're looking for good soundstage. I've never heard any headphones that produced a realistic soundstage. The closest I've experienced were Stax "Earspeakers" but they were quite limited, with no real depth. Other than that, headphones are mostly in the head as regards soundstage.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Ahh……well. I guess I’ll stick to my iem’s when I want an audible change from my Dynaudio setup

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
HD600 bass EQ to Harman didn't really work well for me - I found the bass really quite woolly & lacking detail, I put it down to the distortion issues. It certainly wasn't well-defined bass.

Top Bottom