• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I also like the HD600 overall. The only reason I don't have one is the weak bass.

Geert

Major Contributor
I also like the HD600 overall. The only reason I don't have one is the weak bass.
That's where it can use eq, but for different applications it makes it more suitable for use without eq than hp's that need EQ all over the frequency spectrum. Primary use for my HD600 is practising digital piano, and there I don't miss the low end. (It's more of a nice to have).

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's where it can use eq, but for different applications it makes it more suitable for use without eq than hp's that need EQ all over the frequency spectrum. Primary use for my HD600 is practising digital piano, and there I don't miss the low end. (It's more of a nice to have).
I use my DT150 with EDT100T pads for my digital piano where it works flawlessly. I can't live without the low end.

Geert

Major Contributor
I use my DT150 with EDT100T pads for my digital piano where it works flawlessly. I can't live without the low end.
I have one to, but to much low for my taste.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have one to, but to much low for my taste.
With the EDT100T pads or original pads? With original pads it is too bass-heavy.

Geert

Major Contributor
With the EDT100T pads or original pads? With original pads it is too bass-heavy.
Standard pads, never tried the EDT100's. Will order a pair at next occasion to test. Thanks for the tip.

Geert

Major Contributor
Looks like the 650 is a bit better actually
Opinions differ, and the 600 was 60€ less expensive so made the decision easy. I use them primarily as a tool anyway, not so much for enjoyment.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like the 650 is a bit better actually

I would say that the 600 is a bit more neutral. Better or worse is subjective though.

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Both great headphones. I'm not the most knowledgeably but the hd 650 follows harmon a little closer and has slightly lower distortion (maybe). It looks like it at least. Not much of a difference but there seems to be a small one between these sample units

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The HD600 series is a genius design imo. Close to the parameters of what a perfect headphone should be, not only in terms of time tested sound, user practicality, light-weight/comfort, fashionable looks and durable but also the marveling bonus that no screw was used and was made to be fully modular to the last part by using no tools but your hands. And to top it off, a reasonable price. a master piece.

I agree. I think the sennheiser design is very underrated; I have some hd598 and 580 and I've used the hd600 as well. Very comfortable and light weight. Much prefer them to almost every other design.

Nathan Raymond

I agree. I think the sennheiser design is very underrated; I have some hd598 and 580 and I've used the hd600 as well. Very comfortable and light weight. Much prefer them to almost every other design.
Sennheiser parts are also readily available. I used to own the Onkyo A800 headphone, and while I think it is a great sounding open back headphone, I sold it primarily because the earpads are unique (pads glued to a proprietary bayonet mount ring) with no spare parts available since the headphone has been discontinued. There's a lot of extra value to a headphone where parts both first party and third party can be bought and the headphone can be easily serviced (pads wear out, and cords can too).

caccarot81

Hi Guys,I need your help
I've the chance to buy a pair of Second hand HD600
One seller has 2019 edition (the last one made in Romania) and the other one has the old HD 600 (the one with painted headband made in Ireland)
Any difference in sound between the 2?
Thanks

Hi Guys,I need your help
I've the chance to buy a pair of Second hand HD600
One seller has 2019 edition (the last one made in Romania) and the other one has the old HD 600 (the one with painted headband made in Ireland)
Any difference in sound between the 2?
Thanks
Probably not, but the Irish ones are likely better made.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you think the drivers of the headphone are exactly the same?
I think you should get the newer one, as it will have had less use (probably), and there's not supposed to be any difference between them in terms of frequency response, for instance Oratory doesn't have a seperate database for the old HD600 & the new HD600 - because they're the same. I bought an HD600 new in 2020.

caccarot81

The seller with the new one told me that Headphone were used for about 1 season, around 100-200 hours of use.
The seller with the old one told me They were purchased, in 2016/17 and have been in the box for about 4/5 years.
It’s all original, including the pads, the cables and the box. As for the hours of use, he told me that he used it for 6 months occasionally.1 or 2 times a week for about 30min/1h in the evening in his free time
Which one should I pick?!?

Top Bottom